Thread: Ebay woes, what do?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ebay woes, what do?

Bought an OEM EGR second hand off ebay, it turned up broken (part where plug clips in smashed to bits, cant have been in transit as it was very well wrapped up with loads of bubble wrap) sent it back on the 21st of this month and I do have proof of postage but when I enter the code into royal mails website it says 'an update can only be provided when an attempt has been made at delivering'

I've messaged the seller and they haven't replied, can I open a case? I've checked my purchase history and the part was delivered on the 8th of November so not quite a month yet.

Senior User Club Member paul james's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Open both an ebay and paypal case if you can, I've done that before and was refunded the amount twice. Chances are if the seller isn't responding they will just refund you.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul james View Post
    Open both an ebay and paypal case if you can, I've done that before and was refunded the amount twice. Chances are if the seller isn't responding they will just refund you.
    I don't think he is asking how he can steal money from the seller, just how he can get his rightful refund.

OP, go into your purchase history, select "return item", reason - arrived damaged. Your seller will
    respond to that.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 8valve-craig View Post
    I don't think he is asking how he can steal money from the seller, just how he can get his rightful refund.

OP, go into your purchase history, select "return item", reason - arrived damaged. Your seller will
    respond to that.
    Yeah stealing is bad but some compensation wouldn't go amiss for this p*** take not that I'd do that.

Following your steps 8valve-Craig (if that is your real name) seems like the correct way to do things which I didn't know how to do (I don't ebay often) and gives me a chance at getting a refund. Thanks guys
    We'll send you an email when the seller responds to your request. If you're not able to agree on a solution or the seller has not responded by 07 Dec, 2017, you can ask us to step in and help.If you and your seller need more time to sort things out, your request will stay open until 29 Dec, 2017.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In future check the condition within the first few days or immediately - it's a bit off requesting a refund 3 weeks after delivery.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    In future check the condition within the first few days or immediately - it's a bit off requesting a refund 3 weeks after delivery.
    I agree, I noticed it straight away and got in touch with them and sent them photos, it did come with a 30 day warrenty and they offered to send a replacement part out but I've blanked it off now, just unsure if I need to wire a cheater in too.

Edit: Just checked ebay and at 08:20 this morning they issued the refund, guess it slipped their mind.

Edit II: its been refunded and is showing on my paypal as saying it'll show on my card statement as 'blah blah' guessing it take a few more hours to show up on my online bank?
    Last edited by wwmnw; 30-11-17 at 06:29 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes if you used a card to pay and not a PayPal balance it will take a little while to show. Glad you got it sorted, most sellers are easy to deal with if you get off on the right foot.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers mate thanks again for your help!