Hello, good evening, I have come to present you one of my two cars, which has already turned 25 this year 2016, and is a humble youngtimer but with potential.
The gañániga people and inexperienced, will say to you "that car is a shit, an old zarrio", and I say "this car is a shit, but it is not a shit, you understand me ..."
I was looking for a car of 1000 € or less to go to the village when I had to go (125km one way - 125km return), reliable, on the national road, easy to get into and that it was not dusty or caused much embarrassment to drive it or that someone was riding inside; and for that price in my province I only found Saxos diesel petado, Focus I with 350,000km, Ibizas MK2 full of buns and crickets, etc etc etc, that I will tell you of the kindness of the second hand market that you do not know already .. ..
And suddenly among so much morale and rubbish with wheels I have a nice Opel Corsa A 1.4s of 75cv, with roof, in an apparently quite decent state, with 89,000km; so I decide to call the vendor in the morning and stay with him in the afternoon. The announcement was less than 12 hours on the internet. In times I had a Corsa A inherited from my grandfather that I was injured and I know its hardness and how grateful these cars are, the last carburetor that made the European brands.
The car when I was shown was very good looking engine and interiors, an almost incredible state, with that characteristic smell of these Opel of the non-smoking 80s-90s, outside could be better, but of course, they are 25 years in a red utility ... you are going to ask, then I solved that aspect.The car is third hand, the first owner was 24 years old, the second 3 months, and I bought it at the end of March 2016.

I have been able to verify that the km are real thanks to being able to contact the first owner (from 2002 to 2015 only moved the minimum for the ITV and little else), even gave me a bill of € 1050 last year where they are listed: , water pump, exhaust, thermostat, water radiator, oil, etc. etc. I have not yet spent a euro on the engine, I will have done about 5000km since then, all road. Take the typical 10w-40 oil. I left the purchase for 1000 €, with name change paid half, the seller gave me with insurance paid until December of this year, full tank, Radio CD with Bluetooh and USB and circulation tax paid. Taking into account that the price of these cars in good condition do not fall from 2000 € (3000 € if the GSI), because it is great.
The truth is that the time to see them down the street to hundreds or buy the typical grandmother or abandoned in a pristine garage has already passed. All that remains is the gañanes of the towns or the busts of the Canarias / Jarama.
It is a Opel Corsa A 1.4s of 75cv (72 in papers puts), finished Joy Sport, that included with respect to the basic version (or Swing): wheels in 14 ", ailerón and seats Recaro of GSI, centralized closure, white box" sporty ", sun visors and play with the interior, power windows, shifting gears, air wheels, lights and knob matching the body color, and interior matching complete in the same color as the exterior. Spain was sold in yellow Jamaica, red Magma (mine) and white Casablanca (this one had the blue interior); in other countries I have seen them in dark green too, with a beautiful matching green interior.This one takes as extra the solar roof with deflector.

This one takes as extra the solar roof with deflector.red Magma (mine) and white Casablanca (this one had the blue interior); in other countries I have seen them in dark green too, with a beautiful matching green interior.
This one takes as extra the solar roof with deflector.

Well, I put and repaired the following things from April´16 to today:

"The sunroof was stuck, it cost me God and suffering until I got it square and all right now. It's great.
-LLantas Ronal KP from Vauxhall Cavalier Expression at 6jx15 with 175/50/15 Falken tires that pass ITV without more stories.
-Voghtland threaded suspension adjustable in height front / rear that I bought a German with about 4000km said.
-Back rear series without speakers (ditto find it already).
-Vauxhall complete logos as standard in every place that should be (I was very very difficult to get them, and even more that they sent something to this country of ethnians).
-English rear bumper, symmetrical to the right not to make ugly.
-Vauxhall Corsa B rear wiper blade
-Washing front wipers carried some AeroTwin of those ugly moderns and I have gotten them normal ones of its year, more aesthetic.
-Faldillas Vauxhall
-Low bottom sides of the seats that were broken (to a German, ultra tricky to find without leaving).
-Guantera with the opening mechanism without breaking (somewhat sparse in good condition already too).
-Leader motors of the GL + version.
-1:43 jacket inside as the car is outside.
-Model side of the trunk carrying the GSI and this one of series no.
-Restoration of plastic bumpers with "Forever Black".
-Hand-polished in three steps with 1Z polish.
-Vauxhall heat exchangers.
-Vauxhall factory right back sticker from the 80s factory in Luton (England), from which they stick inside so they do not fuck.
-Right back stickers of the bakalao route as a tribute.
-Installation yellow bulbs of pre-94 vintage.
-Capot of GSI MK2 with thermal blanket.

I have to paint the whole thing that has some bollito and behind it has not managed to remove 100% its red when polishing (nor take it out), and my idea is to take it to LeMans classic in 2018.
The car is impressive, I would be very sorry that something happened, or having to sell it. These are no longer seen, much less in this state. It has the marches quite short, at 120 km / h you go at about 3800 rpm, that helps you have good reprÃ*s in overtaking if you are loaded.
Swap I do not think to do because it is to get into the mouth of the wolf and if it is going well motor as it happened, the idle nailed at 800 rpm and neither a pitch, nor cold, and starts the first, as much put some collectors 4-1 or an intermediate suppressor, but nothing else as it sounds like tin can of small cubing; well if the subject brakes, put the typical Kadett in front and behind or Corsa C drums or Meriva discs with Astra G handbrake I think it was the swap (no idea ...).

But, well, very happy with the car, it fulfills its task loosely; I hope you like it very much forococheros, and that you know that even if you do not see the street and almost Corsas A, and in the typical KDDs of the mark only come mk1 burnt and cured buns, there are still some in almost state of collection, but are saved.

Regards, and we accept suggestions, photos, criticisms and insults.