Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Too old to own a Nova?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've not had one now for 7 years but I know if I drove one I'd still have a smile on my face, I do miss that crocking clutch nose

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm 33 I sold mine a couple of years ago and said I was finished with them. Went to pvs in June and now bought another after swearing I was done, drove 420 miles home and smiled all the way.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you imagine having the knowledge & skill you do now, when you were 17yrs old with your 1st nova...

Club Member Club Member nova_niek's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRoadGhost View Post
    Can you imagine having the knowledge & skill you do now, when you were 17yrs old with your 1st nova...
    I bought my first Nova (1986 Mk1, secondhand from a local dealership) in 1991, when they were still available from the factory. Had I known back then what I know now, I would have gotten at least 2 GSi's with every possible option in the book and a shedload of rare spares (gutter trims and coin trays anyone?) to make sure they would run forever. Oh well, such is life.
    One day I'll start a build thread. One day...

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRoadGhost View Post
    Me and a mate were talking about this the other day . I have had over 30 novas if only id know what they would end up like I would never have sold a single one . I rember having a what would now be mint gte and fitting a full abyss kit to it and throwing away the interior .

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the feeling throwing away engines and decent spares thinking they were worthless. If only we knew. Never mind what's done is done. Just been out for a we spin in mine there still smiling ☺

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id never bother getting one again but im far from nostalgic and have nowhere near enough time to piss about with old cars.

The older i get, the more i appreciate boggo standard powerful dailys.

I do find it funny when people say modern cars are shit, boring blah blah. How the fuck do you know, youve only ever owned 20+ year old cars go an drive a modern hot hatch like an RS3, Golf R or even Fiesta ST180. Unbelievable amounts of fun straight out the factory.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get what your saying mike that's why I sold mine also wanted more garage space. But fords no I hate them German cars all the way! I'm on this forum because I love the look of a nova and interested in what members are doing with them. But I don't like driving one so for me no point owning one. Like what you said modern cars are a joy to drive so refined and technology becoming better and better.
    Last edited by EwanG; 14-10-17 at 06:02 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Id never bother getting one again but im far from nostalgic and have nowhere near enough time to piss about with old cars.

The older i get, the more i appreciate boggo standard powerful dailys.

And the nova is more fun compared to the Rs imo
    I do find it funny when people say modern cars are shit, boring blah blah. How the fuck do you know, youve only ever owned 20+ year old cars go an drive a modern hot hatch like an RS3, Golf R or even Fiesta ST180. Unbelievable amounts of fun straight out the factory.
    I understand where you are coming from but I test drove a mark 3 focus rs a month ago and I was close to buying but then though very hard about it and I would have to get rid of my e90 daily as couldn't justify keeping 2 cars at that kind of money. Bought a nova turbo and am really enjoying it and it's in the garage at night and still have my e90 that I get 50 to a gallon as a daily driver

And the nova is more fun than the Rs imo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chay84 View Post
    I understand where you are coming from but I test drove a mark 3 focus rs a month ago and I was close to buying but then though very hard about it and I would have to get rid of my e90 daily as couldn't justify keeping 2 cars at that kind of money. Bought a nova turbo and am really enjoying it and it's in the garage at night and still have my e90 that I get 50 to a gallon as a daily driver

And the nova is more fun than the Rs imo
    The new RS isnt all that. Cracked cyclinder heads, water leaks and even headgasket failure at under 10k miles . Wouldnt waste your money. A guy i work with sold his at less then 8k miles because of issues.

As much as i like classic hot hatches, im not centimental enough to buy another one modern performance fasty road cars really are very good these days.