Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running hot problem?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers for the help lads turned out to be a dodgy thermostat even though it was brand-new

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Further to this,

I always drill a 5mm hole in thermostats to make sure any trapped air comes out the block.

We also found when on the rollers mapping my car that the water pump doesn't circulate enough on idle to move the water around the system, we had to set an idle control into the ECU to up the revs by 60-70 revs per degree over 95, so by the time it's at 105 the idle is about 1400 and this get the water pump moving more, we were finding the rad fans never turned off without this, within 2 minutes of the revs rising the fan turns off. Just a side thought.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevy.m View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong doesn't the water from the engine (hot) go through the thermostat back to the top hose on the rad
    then the water gets cooled then go out the bottom hose to the water pump to get cooler water to the engine..........

So the bottom hose will always be cooler than the top

Also you could try removing the thermostat & put it in a cup an fill it with boiling water & see if it opens
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyd61 View Post
    Cheers for the help lads turned out to be a dodgy thermostat even though it was brand-new
    Glad you got it solved thermo after all eh