Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rally Project

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not letting me link Photobucket from my phone I will stick the spec up later

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
    spec, covers engine and gear linkage questions ��

I am real bust busy at work just now Paul so it's on the back burner, I will do another track day in the next few weeks once I get the brakes done so I can get them the way I want them then maybe a sprint that's coming up at craft, hopefully get my first rally done around august time.
    Dukeries Rally at Donington would be a good one to start with. Not damaging surface, some technical bits off track and fast flowing bits on track and its 20th August so fits with your dates plus Im doing it in my 1600 all being well :-)

Paul..

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RallyMarshal View Post
    Dukeries Rally at Donington would be a good one to start with. Not damaging surface, some technical bits off track and fast flowing bits on track and its 20th August so fits with your dates plus Im doing it in my 1600 all being well :-)

Paul..
    That sounds good I will look into it, they do one like this near me but its only once a year in January.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chris Ashtley might have owned it at some stage and done subsequent work, but the cage, turrets, top mounts, rear coilovers, carbon fibre trim, stitch welding, paint & I think even harnesses are all the work of Graham De Suys:-

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/car-t...dded-chip.html

The plan was next to go side exit exhaust on G's 1600 8V so the back could come down even lower (not having issues with exhaust over the rear beam). The engine spec was enough for 125BHP at the wheels running twin 45's, full exhaust, think it was a BP300 cam & some head work. It kept lifting head gaskets & had to have ARP head studs.

For me in my early 20's, it had the biggest positive input on not only what could be achieved but how to be as a person; it genuinely felt like the true Saturday club.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/proje...requested.html

BRoadGhost you may be getting this car mixed up or was this your mates before this work?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm sh1t yes I have got the wrong car! But jeez; same engine, weld in cage & design, carbon trim, colour paint, MK2 front, even down to the colour & placement of bonnet pins!

I apologise!