Thread: Roll cage options

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Roll cage options

Looking at caging my saloon in the future, not in a position to buy one at the moment but I could do with deciding what I want so I know what I'm saving/looking for.

I don't really want/need a full cage or want to chop my dash, only ones iv seen that don't need the dash chopping seem to be show cages. What options do I have?

Custom or can you get second hand bolt in ones that don't require dash chopping?

Used the search and it just came up with project threads and wanted threads from about 7 years ago. Cheers

Club Member Club Member bazzap8389's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't want to chop the dash I'd say go for a bolt in or a custom one. I think most bolt ins avoid the dash.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get dash dodger cages but they're not great.

To be honest dash cutting if done properly can look really good.

Hockly cages are £550 ex VAT and delivery, I've got one for my new shell. I'm not sure how it would work on the saloon though.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go to Hangar 30 and get a custom one done, proper job and you know it's safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Basic bolt in Safety Devices will avoid a cage. Generally speaking the better the cage the less it'll try and avoid e.g. the dash.

North Events Co-ordinator Moderator boffer8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As above, Safety devices cages are in front of the dash. Custom cages do one for in front of and behind the dash.

If you can help it, don't buy a double bend cage (dash dodger) that has the double bend in the front leg to avoid the dash as in a crash these easily concertina meaning they don't provide much if any protection.

Also make sure you buy a cage or have a cage made or that's made by, a reputable dealer. I have seen all sorts tried to be passed off as MSA spec cages over the years and those that are not pukka cages will do more damage than if you didn't have one at all!
    If Carlsberg did Motor clubs, then IDMC would probably be the best motor club in the world.