Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will mate however i have wanted a set for ages man

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of new changes since i last updated this, firstly the stepdowns have gone. Sold them on and bought some banded steelies, plan was to have it low but after my wedding i decided to get rid

[IMG][/IMG]

Eventually ended up with some cav slabs, no pics of when i first got them but they are a nice solid choice. Finally got some rainbow SR seats too but one base cover was missing, pulled these out of a scrapyard to replace it. Wetvac saves the day yet again

[IMG][/IMG]

Things stayed the same for a while, however things were not too good on the civic front, after a little digging i found out that the car needed two new inner sills, there were several holes in the floor and boot and the chassis legs at the front were questionable, i quickly patched her up, got an mot and sold it. I bought a cheap mini to keep me going but 4 weeks later that got smashed into and wrote off, not good, bought the car back and sold it on as a cat N. The extra bit of money I made, and the spare room, gave me an opportunity to buy a donar car for the Nova. I found a lovely little x14xe Tigra, 12 month MOT FSH etc, £450 later it was mine. I used it for a few weeks to see how the engine was, then this happened (Ignore the lifting points, not ideal but i was rushing)

[IMG][/IMG]

Andddd

[IMG][/IMG]

All in all it took me 3 days to get it in and running, a week to have it driving, i had A LOT of help from Mr Damen Holt honestly cant thank him enough, restored my faith in the car community! Despite having a 12st lump she was a 1.0 originally which meant i had to change all the fuel lines and the tank, conveniently the Tigra fuel lines fit bob on. I also used the Tigras brakes aswell and threw on the wheels as the tyres were fantastic. The biggest issue I had was sourcing an injection tank, as any saloon owner will know its bloody hard finding a tank! The Tigra one is surprisingly close and would work however a good friend of mine had one in his shed just 30 miles up the road, the Tigra fuel pump also worked a treat, Result! For cooling i used all the nova gear other than the top hose which i had to replace for a Corsa B gsi item, gearbox wise i used the Tigras which led me onto my next problem. No speedo, it was either that or not have the VSS wired in, i opted to use my phone for speed. A week later I bodged in a 90mm motorbike clock/rev counter to keep me going and this is how she sat for a week

[IMG][/IMG]

Next was the exhaust, id temporarily made up a system from the standard pipe and parts of my old cooper S system. I needed a new custom setup so I drove down to Longlife and had a full custom system made up, 25 year warranty and it sounds brilliant, cant moan for £350. The only issue i had was that it felt extremely slow and she misfired when trying to accelerate hard which i put down to a vac leak (Had numerous problems with them during the conversion), I wasn't expecting a rocket but when delivery vans are out pacing you from the lights something isn't right. I proceeded to buy a powerbox off ebay which i would not recommend, the qaulity of the welds is lovely but there is no tubes surrounding the bolt holes to the inlet so air leaks in from them, it's also impossible to attach the throttle body to it with all 4 bolts so again it leaks air in from there too! The car did feel quicker with it on but it just didn't run right, the power box is now in the shed with several cuts in it to stop me from being tempted to use it. Anyhow Tatton Park was fast approaching by this time, she was running ok but still misfiring and i was tearing my hair out on what was wrong with it so to distract myself i repainted my slabs. I swapped the tyres over from the Tigra alloys and she sat like this. You will notice the exhaust tip is bent down, yeah it annoyed me too and it has now been rectified.

[IMG]URL=http://s349.photobucket.com/user/Mayoh69/media/61044993_10156383773563131_2585960892222930944_n%2 01_zpsqb1pdep5.jpg.html][/URL][/IMG]

One night i pulled up outside my house and heard a faint hissing from under the back seats. Id changed every gasket and vac line on so id ruled out a vac leak causing the engine issues, i was leaning more towards a fueling issue (Get it leaning.....) My plan was to pull out the pump and see if the gauze was all gummed up due to it being an old tank however i didnt and put up with the misfire until just before tatton when i heard the hissing again. I had roughly quarter of a tank so i knew the tank was fairly low but as i pulled the top off the tank fuel sprayed up into the car like a Japanese bird in a blue movie. The problem was that the clip around the pipe from the the pump to the outlet on the tank wasnt tight enough, when it was under pressure it was spraying back into the tank hence causing it to run lean. I threw it back together quickly and by god it felt like a different motor, not rapid but quick enough for me, no more misfiring either! Any way Tatton pics, fabulous day Glyn did a fantastic job organising it

[IMG]
    [/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Other than that not much has gone on, ive fitted a digi dash which is nice and it runs perfectly accurately of an f15 transducer. Also making a Scuttle panel cover which is currently wrapped but the edging strip hasn't arrived, hopefully it'll be done for VBOA.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to find this thread! It's in good hands now mate.