Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayohs Loon

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mayohs Loon

Hello everyone finally got a new Nova. This is number 5, needed a saloon due to recently having a baby, sooner have a 3 door but needs must. It's a 1.2 carb in miami blue and is also driven daily so sadly she's never going to be a show winner.

Anyhow this was the first day i got her, not the nicest wheels but she was clean and a good base to build upon

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

First thing to go were the wheels, I tried a set of metro turbo wheels and whilst they fit they were sketchy and wi5h the baby in the car it wasn't worth the risk so for the time being I threw some sxi wheels on it, cheap and they'll do for now

[IMG][/IMG]

Spent the whole 2 days after getting it giving it a good clean as well as sorting out the brakes and undersealing the sills. Only one hole to speak of too which im happy with, simple patch work needed under the rear bumper. Thing i was most impressed with though was my karcher wet vac, you can tell how dirty the seats were before I cleaned them.

[IMG][/IMG]

That's it for now really, in two minds on coilovers or not as it's on fully adjustable konis but I would like it lower. Also not keen on the bumpers as they have a few scuffs but other than that I think she's pretty presentable. Still need to tidy the bay up a little and put the chrome rocker cover on it but hopefully it should be looking bob on ready for pvs ( I will be on the Vaux web stand if anyone is coming down)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Mayoh69; 18-04-17 at 09:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks smart mate, revs would have looked better if they aren't so pokey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would of had to go on coilovers too mate and tbh I dont want to take of a decent set of springs
    and shocks to replace them with some cheap eBay coilovers . And your right the fronts poked out badly

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha fair enough

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been a while since I posted an update but I've done a fair amount of work on the old girl. Managed to get hold of some clear rear lights, I've always liked them but I know there not everyone's cup of tea,
    also dropped it 60mm and replaced the sxis with a nice set of cav fanblades

Then it was that time of the year, pvs prep. Managed to bag myself some sri seats cheap. Wet vac did it's job again, and the rush was then on to get the car looking it's best

Then it was pvs itself, had a good weekend but i wasn't in a particularly good place on the stand due to a fuck up with spaces however had a reet laugh and managed get a few good pics

That's it for now, very foolishly nearly bought a vxr this weekend but it fell through (thank god) due to this i think I'm going to put a new lump in her. Possibly a 1.6 on a weber 32/34. Xe is on the cards but due to my fuel tank and lack of available injection tanks for a saloon, this may prove difficult.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice which is good.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

Club Member Club Member bazzap8389's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks very clean mate! I like it

Club Member Club Member stuartyj21's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those turbo wheels look the part.
    nova gsi project : http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87640
    Rolling road readout- 104.8 bhp/117.4 lbft

astra gsi project:http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167790

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys I am rather happy with it atm �� I'd kill for another 3 door tbh but I have a family now so I'd struggle

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sooooo guys way too long since ive done an update on the little blue loon, many an event has happened since my last post. Firstly i took the nova off the road as a daily and bought myself this

Which made way for this

Then i bought and Audi, then another Audi came down from the sky and crushed my Audi

Now i have a type r aswell as the nova

Anyway enough of the daily non nova rubbish! So after pvs 2017 i decided i didnt like my fan blades and like an absolute idiot i sold them. I had a moment of madness and thought id get some dished wheels...... big mistake

She stayed like that for a while and all was good in nova land until a bit of arch snapped off in my hand, long story short this is what happened

Turns out it needed a whole rear quarter aswell as the fuel neck reconstructing. All the work was done by my mate who is currently building up a rally car from an old mk1 1.2. I had to send her off for professional painting though and the results were bob on

She failed her last mot on a faded headlamp lense and an incomplete weld which was rectified immediately, not bad for a 26 year pld girl, she now has a fresh 12 months and is 99.9% rot free. Other than that nout much else has really gone on since other than a bay tidy up and some gsi stepdowns. Also fitted a brand new front bumper.

Very very happy with her as she is but next inline is some engine work. I have a lovely low mileage 1.2 put to one side as a spare so the plan is to take my the head off the current 12st, mate it with a 1.4 bottom end i have in the shed and put my 13sb cambox and cam on as well, should make a nice little motor!
    Last edited by Mayoh69; 28-08-18 at 09:40 PM.