Thread: Politic time - Scotland referendum thoughts!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question Politic time - Scotland referendum thoughts!

Would love to know on here from the Scottish guys and gals your thoughts of this and if you back Mrs Surgeon or not?
    Last edited by Southie; 28-03-17 at 08:54 PM.

Club Member Club Member bazzap8389's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was all for it last time but with Brexit on the go at the moment I think I it's a silly idea until we find what the outcome will be from that, also I voted out of Europe so don't want to leave the uk to end up jumping back into it. I don't particularly like sturgeon but can't stand May. She's a colossal ****.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were told it was a once in a generation vote the first time, the public voted.
    You cannot keep holding votes until you get the vote you want, that is not democracy.
    She cannot say that things have changed because of Brexit, political landscapes are always changing.
    The country does not need more division, more expense and upheaval.
    In my view there is no interest in the people here, this is just ego and naïve at best. Rant over!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I deal with several customers in Scotland who actually say the same as the both of you, the thing is if sturgeon gets her way what will she turn Scotland into to get independence?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does just feel like the SNP will keep calling for independence referendums until they get the answer they want. I'm no expert but from what I've read the SNP say they won't use the Euro, but any new applicants to join the European Union have to use the Euro. Also Scotland don't even meet the requirements to join the Eu, plus does Scotland really have the economy to go it alone, as a country it has been propped up by the UK for years.

My personal opinion being English is I really don't care either way, just think its very short sighted by those who want independence, although I agree that the Scots should have far more power to manage their own country.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's laughable really.same as all the fools who demanded a re election for brexit.Why would it be any different second time?
    Plus,didn't they base scotlands economic stability on oil being x amount a barrel which it's now well below??
    The whole of the uk is a shithole anyway,a dumping ground now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've not heard a reasonable argument from her yet about it, other than just 'the Socttish people want to be in the EU' - which itself isn't reasonable, it's totally misguided.

It does smack a little bit of her wanting to get in the history books as the person who gained independence for Scotland and screw the consequences.