Thread: nova rev counter

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default nova rev counter

hi all looked at a few threads on this already any help would be great got a mk1 loom and fitting a gsi dash with some clocks from a mk2 which have the white dials maybe sr so I have fuel gauge and water temp gauge only and rev counter and speedo on my plug that fits in everything works as it should but no rev counter on my plug there is no green wire which I think is for the rev counter to the neg side of the coil as im running the black distributer set up can anyone help I saw on some threads that there is a spade terminal on the back of the clocks ive looked and nothing on these clocks any advice would be good thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's on the plug on a mk2 isn't it? So you would need abother pin on your plug

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi yeah that's what I thought so no easy fix without a plug cut off another loom or a set of mk1 gte clocks, bloody shame that gsi dash with white clocks looked alright as well thanks for your input

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is a spare slot in your plug you could just get a pin from another and slot it in, that way you'd only have to run the one wire to the coil with ouch changing plugs this is how I done it on my mk1 fiesta that uses the same kind of plug

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes a pin from a scrap car/plug and run a wire to your coil. Easy peasy especially if you're doing a dash swap.