Thread: X18XE1 compatible parts???

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default X18XE1 compatible parts???

Anyone know if cams, inlets etc from the x16xe's will fit the x18xe1? as there's not much in the way of upgrades out there for the x18xe1.
    Tia

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the cams from the x16xe are interchangeable, I have some dbilas cams for my x18xe1. I saw in your project thread you said you was going for throttle bodies, are you going for a proper set up or bike throttle bodies? I've had an inlet made for me for my bike bodies.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As above, cams and cam pulleys interchange. Depending on what management you are running though as OEM cam pulleys have bits on them to run sensors.

Manifolds are not the same as 14/16xe. Bowyer does a manifold to take dcoe fitment bodies. Danst engineering will do a custom manifold for bike bodies.

A good few of us have gathered a fair amount of knowledge so any questions ask away.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats good to know about the cams
    Yes I will probably go bike bodies, all depends on funds really. What sort of power have you got with your setups?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well mines still being built but I'd expect around 180, mines has a ported head and skimmed to raise compression z18xer piston and con rods (stronger conrods and the pistons have cut outs for the valves) performance cams and ITB's using a DanST custom inlet manifold and I also have a performance exhaust manifold. This will be run on an omen 600 ecu.

This is not the cheapest way to get decent power in a Nova but it's different from the c20xe crowd, and the z18xe/x18xe1 are very torquey engines, so it should pull a Nova very well.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totalnova, how have you got around the extra length in the xer pistons?

I am aiming for 200bhp from mine.

Ported head, 290 degree inlet, 280 degree exhaust cams with big lift. Corsa vxr steel rods, z18xer pistons with deepenened inlet cut outs. Decompression plate to accomodate taller pistons, then Head and block skimmed to get 12:1 compression. Corsa VXR supertech valves, and solid lifter conversion. Piper vxr valve springs, balanced crank, flywheel (3.2kg) and 7.1/4 clutch. Home made inlet manifold and r1 45mm throttle bodies, Toyota 440cc injectors, tony law 4-2-1 exhaust system, Emerald ECU.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you remember I asked you where you got your decompression plate from and I got one from the same place, it's not ideal but it will do, I plan on making it part off the multi layer head gasket and see how I get on.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

200 bhp! wow. Im not overly a fan of using decomp plates, I take it the vxr rods are the same length as the OE ones?

MX have you got a build thread? be interested to see what you're doing

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOZNOVA81 View Post
    200 bhp! wow. Im not overly a fan of using decomp plates, I take it the vxr rods are the same length as the OE ones?

MX have you got a build thread? be interested to see what you're doing
    Its in the projects section, wide arch wide track z18xe.

Vxr rods are the same length but use a 19mm small end pin rather than 18mm like usual. The z18xer pistons are 19mm pin thats all.

The guys from autotech racing have just got 220bhp out of there. Mike turpins Bowyer engine is 240 ish.

I needed to use the decomp plate to get the deck height right. If they can cope with 2 bar of boost i hope i'll be ok. I had looked in to different pistons (1800 k series stuff) but didnt have the money.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by totalnova View Post
    Well mines still being built but I'd expect around 180, mines has a ported head and skimmed to raise compression z18xer piston and con rods (stronger conrods and the pistons have cut outs for the valves) performance cams and ITB's using a DanST custom inlet manifold and I also have a performance exhaust manifold. This will be run on an omen 600 ecu.

This is not the cheapest way to get decent power in a Nova but it's different from the c20xe crowd, and the z18xe/x18xe1 are very torquey engines, so it should pull a Nova very well.
    Are you using the stock z18xer rods?

I have some stock ones i have polished, with new ARP bolts, i did that, then got a a set of steel rods (couldnt refuse at the price). Any interest?