Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C20LET block and head what's it worth??

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default C20LET block and head what's it worth??

Hey lads looking into a C20LET block and head for a turbo conversion on my nova and just putting a feeler out at what people would price them at?? Please move thread to appropriate title if not in correct place

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scraps not that high at the mo, so about 15 /20 a ton

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vauxhall-Man-Ash View Post
    Hey lads looking into a C20LET block and head for a turbo conversion on my nova and just putting a feeler out at what people would price them at?? Please move thread to appropriate title if not in correct place
    Ive been watching lets for months ive seen full used conversions incl box & loom ecu ect roughly 1000-1200
    rebuilt bare long engine from 900-2000 or 2500++ with dry sumps tbs race engines 35000+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Heads I'm sure are the same as xe but you change 1 cam for the upgrade on the let
    You can use the xe block & do the oil return mod & use the z20 modded oil pick up & use let pistons & rods

How big is your wallet

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevy.m View Post
    Ive been watching lets for months ive seen full used conversions incl box & loom ecu ect roughly 1000-1200
    rebuilt bare long engine from 900-2000 or 2500++ with dry sumps tbs race engines 35000+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Heads I'm sure are the same as xe but you change 1 cam for the upgrade on the let
    You can use the xe block & do the oil return mod & use the z20 modded oil pick up & use let pistons & rods

How big is your wallet

Not very big at the moment I'm looking to build one been offered a decent block and head for my astra mk4 hella quad lamps and my vibe space 3000w active sub, I'm guessing the chap is convinced it's worth £400-£450'ish for the block then, would that be about the right price for a block and head or is it way off the scales on price and in fact cheaper for a LET block and head, what's a coscast head worth and what's the difference between coscast and normal??

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vauxhall-Man-Ash View Post
    Not very big at the moment I'm looking to build one been offered a decent block and head for my astra mk4 hella quad lamps and my vibe space 3000w active sub, I'm guessing the chap is convinced it's worth £400-£450'ish for the block then, would that be about the right price for a block and head or is it way off the scales on price and in fact cheaper for a LET block and head, what's a coscast head worth and what's the difference between coscast and normal??
    400 quid isn't too bad but once you start.........new shells, decent head gasket,rings oil pump,water,pump, belt kit ect ect
    coscast was designed by cosworth (early heads) then gm done them & had probs going porus (gm head has a core plug on the side) there are other differences but
    that's the easiest way to tell. gm head can be easily fixed though.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevy.m View Post
    400 quid isn't too bad but once you start.........new shells, decent head gasket,rings oil pump,water,pump, belt kit ect ect
    coscast was designed by cosworth (early heads) then gm done them & had probs going porus (gm head has a core plug on the side) there are other differences but
    that's the easiest way to tell. gm head can be easily fixed though.

So the block and head is worth more then a fair swap on my hella quad lamps and 3000w sub mate? He's also throwing in a throttle body, inlet manifold and other bits and bobs that he can find to help benefit me in the build seems like a really nice guy in my opinion, will defo be a guy I'd recommend for C20XE/LET parts for those in favour of needing bits?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just buy a complete motor if your after a standard let by the time you build a motor you could have bought 2. Id only advise buying parts if your building a high end motor

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

350-550 depending on condition

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by total_vauxhall View Post
    Just buy a complete motor if your after a standard let by the time you build a motor you could have bought 2. Id only advise buying parts if your building a high end motor

Its definantly not going to be an over night build mate that's for sure it's definantly going to atleast take 6-12 months before it's anywhere close to being half built up as moneys tight this year so it will be a slow and steady build

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Will F View Post
    350-550 depending on condition

What wear and tear shall I look out for in order to get a good deal Will? Do you know the standard bore sizes for the piston chambers mate?