Thread: Heaters not working!!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Heaters not working!!!

Hey guys wondering if someone could shed some light on this? I had heaters when driving back from Telford after buying the car, parked it up and since then I've wired in a modern CD player with a fresh wiring loom, I have changed fuses and looked at them none seem to be blown other then a 20a fuse which I changed thinking was the cause and still no heaters kicking in?? Can anyone shed some light on what could be the possible cause as it's fecking freezing in the nova without heaters

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can think of a few things here.
    1, do you have the centre vents open? If you do they are straight from the blower motor and the outside... the ones that will have heat will be the side vents.
    2, heater matrix blocked up? Had this on my GSi, gradually got colder and colder. So dropped off the pipes to the matrix in the engine bay, hooked up a hose pipe on both sides and then turned the tap on... nothing came out.... turned the tap up slightly and out came a load of gunk... after that flushed it through, connected it back to the car, filled up the water and had better heat out of it!
    NovalutionGSi - Donkey Kong In a Go-Kart

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vauxhall-Man-Ash View Post
    Hey guys wondering if someone could shed some light on this? I had heaters when driving back from Telford after buying the car, parked it up and since then I've wired in a modern CD player with a fresh wiring loom, I have changed fuses and looked at them none seem to be blown other then a 20a fuse which I changed thinking was the cause and still no heaters kicking in?? Can anyone shed some light on what could be the possible cause as it's fecking freezing in the nova without heaters

Id have a good guess its your shit wiring skills try undoing your cd player wiring & see if it comes back on,

Check power to the motor & power to the switch could try a live feed to both & see if it powers up

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevy.m View Post
    Id have a good guess its your shit wiring skills try undoing your cd player wiring & see if it comes back on,

Check power to the motor & power to the switch could try a live feed to both & see if it powers up
    lmfao cheeky fucker I'll have you know my wiring skills aren't to bad when I finally figure out what I'm doing where's the best live feed to test from to see if it powers up? I was guessing maybe whilst pulling the new harness through I may have pulled a cable or dislodged a cable?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NovalutionGSi View Post
    I can think of a few things here.
    1, do you have the centre vents open? If you do they are straight from the blower motor and the outside... the ones that will have heat will be the side vents.
    2, heater matrix blocked up? Had this on my GSi, gradually got colder and colder. So dropped off the pipes to the matrix in the engine bay, hooked up a hose pipe on both sides and then turned the tap on... nothing came out.... turned the tap up slightly and out came a load of gunk... after that flushed it through, connected it back to the car, filled up the water and had better heat out of it!
    would a blocked heater matrix stop the whole heater from blowing? Litterally seems like there's no power going on at all thinking back to wiring in the stereo I was abit hasty to get the new CD player loom in so maybe dislodged a cable? Defo do need to drop off the matrix hoses though as they arent blowing hot they seem to blow warm not hot and not cold just in between, if all else fails I got a new heater matrix to go in brand new unused

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmfao cheeky fucker I'll have you know my wiring skills aren't to bad when I finally figure out what I'm doing where's the best live feed to test from to see if it powers up? I was guessing maybe whilst pulling the new harness through I may have pulled a cable or dislodged a cable?
    LOl prob easy just to take a feed from the battery straight to it

Yes easy done to pull a wire or connection off I done a few wiring jobs last year which included 3 loom changes for conversions bloody nightmare
    cause I didn't have a clue either

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOl prob easy just to take a feed from the battery straight to it

Yes easy done to pull a wire or connection off I done a few wiring jobs last year which included 3 loom changes for conversions bloody nightmare
    cause I didn't have a clue either

As they say chap practise makes perfect, just learn by our mistakes and start again will have to inspect it today see if I've dislodged a wire as it's freezing and heaters are certainly needed in this cold harsh winter year

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As they say chap practise makes perfect, just learn by our mistakes and start again will have to inspect it today see if I've dislodged a wire as it's freezing and heaters are certainly needed in this cold harsh winter year
    Ye can do what my mate does in his old land rover..........he takes a hot water bottle with him

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the blower motor working but not as hot as it once was

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ye can do what my mate does in his old land rover..........he takes a hot water bottle with him
    now that isn't such a bad idea at all I'll give all my passengers including me a hot water bottle heaters are over rated