Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Twin reverse wiring set up

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two ways you can do it - the billy bob basic way, which I did is to cut a couple of holes in each reverse light and add a pair of 501 bulbs in each, wire them into the reverse feed, then put red LED bulbs in the main holder and wire them into the fog feed.

The other way would be to use a red switchback LED, but you either need to mod the housing to accept a dual filament 1157 bulb or bodge the wiring for a single filament 1156 bulb.

Unfortunately I got rid of my Nova haynes manuals long ago so can't advise how to wire them up any more

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Two ways you can do it - the billy bob basic way, which I did is to cut a couple of holes in each reverse light and add a pair of 501 bulbs in each, wire them into the reverse feed, then put red LED bulbs in the main holder and wire them into the fog feed.

The other way would be to use a red switchback LED, but you either need to mod the housing to accept a dual filament 1157 bulb or bodge the wiring for a single filament 1156 bulb.

Unfortunately I got rid of my Nova haynes manuals long ago so can't advise how to wire them up any more

Ah crud would love to know how to wire them up, I'm seriously not electrical minded and knowing my luck I'd either blow something up or blow myself up

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All you really need to do is take the foglight wire to the original reverse side and the reverse to original foglight so that's 2 wires linking both lights. Then get 501 bulb holders and bulbs and use these for the reverse and crimp or solder the wires on