Thread: Nova MK1 wiring Loom Change

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Nova MK1 wiring Loom Change

So as the start of my project starting comes near, I've decided that my current car loom (D Reg 1984) has been causing me some issues when starting up, i.e. random lights coming on, poor starter motor turning over etc. and I have a couple of weird gremlins in the system. Its probably due to the age of the loom and the mods done to it over the years of ownership that was out of my hands.

I am a keep admirer of the Corsa B dash and last weekend I picked up a complete dash and Corsa B complete car loom. I am thinking I could replace the entire care loom with the Corsa loom, which will be newer, and hopefully clear some of my gremlins. The modify the dash to fit within the car. I know everyone does not like it, but my GSI dash board has seen better days and I am struggling to find a decent replacement.

Has anyone tried this before or can think of any pitfalls in my plans?

Thanks for your input.

Cheers,

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why don't you flock your original dash & spend the time repairing your loom, seems like a ball ache !!!!

What engine have you fitted.

Or I have a corsa b 1.4 sport with a 16xe missing a dash & loom if youd want that

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a C20XE already and the shell apart from a poor drivers side cill and rear arches (which were a poor repair previously) the car is sound, plus I like to Nova shape rather than the corsa but like the dash!

Im just thinking im mad.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The corsa dash was terrible if you want to make it worth it I think it was astra vxr dashboard fitted once. That seem like an upgrade but doing corsa is a downgrade from the mk1 dash

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the mk1 dash was sold many years ago so I am stuck with the Mk2 anyway. I fancy it more for the test of my skills rather than the end result which sounds a little sad but I have always struggled with dash boards and fibreglassing work etc., wiring, engine rebuild welding etc. etc. I can hold my own (barely) so I think a good challenge is worth a go.