Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that piss you off in the workplace thread!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where I used to work we often had "welders" turn up to do weld tests.
    Mig and then tig,mig would consist of "im not used to this welder" and lay down a run of mess.
    tig would then just be hilarious,hearing them electrocute themselves and a big zap as the electrode is in another postcode used to make me It would end with it all stick to the plate,the rod welded to the tungsten and the tungsten welded to the stainless glowing red as they try to release it electrocuting themselves and burning

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I sacked myself when self employed.
    Id never work for myself again,we just didn't get on.
    Brilliant

At this moment in time I'm as close to actually 'enjoying' my job as possible. Other than our knob cheese design engineer who can't draw for shit and has zero appreciation for how stuff is made. He gets paid more even though he can't do his job properly or do mine yet I could do both.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything about my job used to piss me off, one day they asked me if I wanted to worknights for a bit . Now I love my job , get paid twice as much as I used to and do half as much work , dont see any of the crap that used to piss me off or the idiots that did fuck all . Have zero contact with the idiots in charge , I do my job and go home and forget all about it when I clock out . Only downside is im running out of things to read from the library

Club Member Club Member DaveMarshall's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mk1nova_rich View Post
    Brilliant

At this moment in time I'm as close to actually 'enjoying' my job as possible. Other than our knob cheese design engineer who can't draw for shit and has zero appreciation for how stuff is made. He gets paid more even though he can't do his job properly or do mine yet I could do both.
    As an employer I would want a member of staff in your situation to come to me and show me this is the case, if you are correct then surely you would be moved up in the company.

Dave.

Club Member Club Member Royston's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMarshall View Post
    As an employer I would want a member of staff in your situation to come to me and show me this is the case, if you are correct then surely you would be moved up in the company.

Dave.
    You are correct Dave, but in large companies it doesn't work like that, they prefer to defend useless people, rather than dealing with the issue, they are more likely to promote them, I kid you not!

I warned them in writing that I was reviewing my long term career plan due to issues with Mr X, and they were shocked I found another job and left.

I had my exit interview on Wednesday giving clear reasons why........... found out yesterday a close colleague having also been through the grievance procedure against the same person, is now off with work induced stress due to lack of action.

The department I worked in is falling apart, not my problem now
    Regards

Royston

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah exactly,good workers get kept doing what they do because they are often too valuable to lose from that area.
    While lazy and wooden bastards get the promotions.Thats happened at every single place of employment iv been.i can't comment where I am now because I haven't been there long enough to know.

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It appears that in many walks of life, not making a decision is "better" than making the wrong one as fixing the wrong one costs time and money, but then not doing anything costs time and money anyway as we have to panic solve the issue.

I'm always up for making a choice and running with it till its proven not to work, then jump to the other solution. Live and learn and all that.

Also the less capable of doing work you are, the more likely you are to get up the ladder, since useful folks that get things done need to be kept on the ground to actually get things done. Illogical but hey

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard work does not pay off.Its as simple as that

Club Member Club Member Royston's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the issue is being too good at what you do, which inhibits progression
    Regards

Royston

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reward for hard work is more work