0 Thread(s)

It'd better be a good ford

Club Member Club Member bazzap8389's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been quiet on here recently due to being busy nothing to do with face ache as I don't have it

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisd1986 View Post
    I've only been quiet because I've not done anything to my nova and some how managed to buy a ford what have I done
    I've been looking at xr2's a lot recently........

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    It'd better be a good ford
    It's a orion ghia it's got heated screen remote central locking and electric windows . I've got a rs2000 lump to go in it it's a nice car tbh

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've still got 2 mk2 astras and I've got a deposit on a nova pickup just need to get my heart back in cars as my personal life has took over yes she has got me under the thumb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bazzap8389 View Post
    I've been quiet on here recently due to being busy nothing to do with face ache as I don't have it
    I've been quiet for a couple of years and I to do not use facebook or any of that twaddle. Alas after mincing with nova's for the past 24 years things like family and work have slowly taken over the majority of my life. You would think as kids got older they would become more independent but its the opposite, with one at 13 and the other fast approaching 17 the workload is only increasing . Work wise, years ago when it was just a case of running a gang of blokes or running a site, things were very simple with targets and straight forward hours/working days. Many years later and rocking the Contracts Managers role, with the lack of skilled labour that was around in my day out on site, means things will never be simple again or as easy as they once were for people in my current position. (a long way to say I am now probably classed an old fart )

As per my updates at the end of the summer I still own my car and bits etc and it will get used again, we are closer now than we have been in the last 6 years, which I suppose is testament to wanting to do something, knowing its sat there, and still not being able to do sod all about it.

We all knew the forums would tail off in time, social media and what not would have broken the original mould which just created a disjointed social scene of them and us (facebook and no facebook). We used to discuss this probably 10 years back just as we had the mini revival on the scene. As a single model we knew we would slow down rapidly when the time came (about the same time as the xrtwo.com forums tbh), but even MIG and a few others have slowed at a similar pace which surprises me. As was mentioned above, kids nowadays don't want to spent lots of money on cars that they stopped making over 20yrs ago, its just the few that want to rekindle an old love for them or getting a car they always wanted to try but never got around to.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone tells me I need to stop living in the 80's my mrs hates old cars nearly walked away when I picked her up when we 1st met in a white nova saloon slammed on white compomotive th's she hates that I have old cars as a daily but I don't care the kids love my cars

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The answer to the question is definitely Yes - most forums not just PNG.

I will continue to post details on my car here but been usually zero replies so never sure whether lack of interest in what I post or other reason.

I tried to keep interest in the club by putting up the 2016 events in region (members only) but very few views or replies and those that did reply were known are from facebook anyway. Facebook has similar issues of the same group posting/ liking. Sure in a few years time facebook will be replaced by another site which no doubt will be even better.

Not sure I will be putting up 2017 events on PNG as when I suggested an event it was made very clear by Admin that it was not to an official PNG event which is a pity since looking at over 20 novas on stand - many of which are paid PNG members.
    Nova SR 1.4

Club Member Club Member Royston's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still pop in regularly and pop in the occasional post.

Hopefully wiil catch up with a few of you over 2017
    Regards

Royston