Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: F1 'Motorsports biggest Mic drop??'

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default F1 'Motorsports biggest Mic drop??'

so, 2016 and Rosberg starts the year well, Hamilton does what he does and stops his run, then we get into the whole mechanical failure scenario on only one of 8 cars running Merc engines, but not forgotten is the couple of on track Merc clashes along the way.

fast forward to the end and its clear Rosberg had the championship handed to him in a couple of ways, he wins the championship trophy by remaining consistently no.2 and doing what was required..... then...... turns bitch and retires leaving the team that gave him that deep in the shit .

I guess he knows things don't come that easy in 2's and his place will revert to normal next year. I also guess gone is the will to say "I won this because I am the best and intend to defend it and make it 2 next year", again much easier to turn bitch and run and disregard all ramifications and turmoil left in the wake of such a decision.

Don't get me wrong, Hamilton has more than enough of his own faults and could of still sealed this up a lot easier even with the issues.

DISCUSS................

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rosberg was a moany little bitch in my eyes before all this, nobody likes losing but the way he carried him self said everything you need to know about the bloke, any respect I did have for him is now gone. In my opinion he was handed the title due to 'luck' at least defend the bloody thing,
    I know it won't happen but I'd love button to change his mind and get the Mercedes seat.

To drive in f1 is the dream of many little boys and to just chuck in the towel the was he has is so disrespectful.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you blame him for retiring?

He knows the circumstances twisted in his favour this year and it's unlikely the stars would align again for him.

Not even 1 minute after he won, pundits, commentators, journalists were saying that he'd won the title but hadn't beaten Hamilton, as you say, he did enough to win sure but he's not the fastest and certainly not the most skilled driver on the grid, I probably wouldn't put him in a top 5 of 2016 drivers.

You can't help but wonder that of the 43 engines used by Mercedes and Mercedes customers this year only Hamilton's have had catastrophic mechanical failures, it wouldn't bee too hard to grind a crank 0.05mm too small, sure it would last quali and a some laps, then adios, it's easily done.

On the above point also, I don't buy into the talk that Hamilton drives the car in a way that blows the engines, every facet of the engines is monitored religiously, if he were applying too many revs on down shifts or putting undue strain on the motor then this would have been spotted and Mercedes would be more than happy to put the blame onto the human driving instead of their components.

Would a German champion be so much more important to Mercedes........Hmmmm tough one, I guess it would boost their credibility within the German market a little but not a lot.

His retirement wasn't completely unsurprising to me, he knows that next year the pressure will be greater on him and he has a young daughter and wife at home, let's face it, he's never going to have to work again is he!!!

Mercedes aren't really in the poop, they have a number of drivers they can call on, I would imagine after the trouble they had with Hamilton and Rosberg in the last 3 years that they'll go back to a 1-2 driver arrangement, with Hamilton being their man and a support driver there for rear guard action, similar to Ferrari with Rubens and Micheal. Pascal Werhlein would be ideal, German, not able to challenge Hamilton in ability terms but still capable and young enough to nurture into a real talent. They wont get Verstappen or Ricciardo, Alonso is tied in, Vettel maybe but there would be even more fireworks with Hamilton if he joined.

All in all an interesting 5 days!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton although a good driver is a proper diva,immature bitch.
    He has a lack of respect too.
    Anyway f1 is fukkin bollox
    btcc is way better,more exciting,better,closer racing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didnt see it coming but not overly shocked. Young child, wife, financially set for rest of life & finally achieved what he set out to do. Leave at the top of your game so they say.

I dont think MercF1 will have trouble finding a driver, plenty would jump at that chance.

Altho next years race season could be very interesting. Historically whenever theres big changes in F1 car regs, its produces a new top team. An engineering race to build the dominant car for the first few races an get a good points based lead.

From the chatter through friends at various F1 teams, it could be a very interesting first few races! And its certainly shaping up to keep me very busy at work until summer atleast

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBH I'd do the same, have everything on your side to win the championship, know its hugely unlikely ever again, so bail while top and not slip into the doldrums like Alonso (I know its not his fault per say but it cent be good for ones ego)

Dan, read yer fucking whatsapp message you luddite git

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Hamilton although a good driver is a proper diva,immature bitch.
    He has a lack of respect too.
    Anyway f1 is fukkin bollox
    btcc is way better,more exciting,better,closer racing.
    Couldn't agree more. Take this season, final 3 round 8 drivers were in with a shot of the title.
    Also with PMR taking on a pair of new build Astra Js for 2017 I know what I'll be following next year.

F1 has gone down hill and has much has I'd hate to say it, Clarkson came up with a pretty good idea which would make inter-team rivalry all the more exciting. His idea, who ever qualifies pole, their teammate starts last and so on. Would make for some overtaking at least!
    NovalutionGSi - Donkey Kong In a Go-Kart

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NovalutionGSi View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Take this season, final 3 round 8 drivers were in with a shot of the title.
    Also with PMR taking on a pair of new build Astra Js for 2017 I know what I'll be following next year.

F1 has gone down hill and has much has I'd hate to say it, Clarkson came up with a pretty good idea which would make inter-team rivalry all the more exciting. His idea, who ever qualifies pole, their teammate starts last and so on. Would make for some overtaking at least!
    TBH F1 hasn't really changed that much at all, with every technical change over the era's a team has found the golden edge through luck or financial backing and took the lead whether that was Ferrari/McLaren/Redbull/Mercedes/Williams. This may have been at the start or even on the second season of a new technical directive so people only remember the single season of people finding their feet then complain when things settle down. Every time people have got bored of the same team winning and every time these same people make out this 'new' era is worse than the last but when all is said and done things are in general very much same same.

https://f1metrics.wordpress.com/2015...in-f1-history/

That link reminds us of where dominance has been in the past and shows that its nothing new.

Personally I watch many disciplines within the motorsport hat as each has their own merits. Generally I watch BTCC/ Rallycross/ World rally/ Formula E/ F1 and BSB (mainly because my work has a team in this ). I enjoy each for different reasons, but would not label one better than the other as there is no real comparison.

mats

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WEC is where it's at.

Last year's Le Mans, Toyota dominate only to loose it to a stick pit lane limiter 5 mins before the end!!

2 years ago, 1&2 were separated by 35 seconds, after 24 hours racing!!!

They race flat out for 24 hours, it's a 24 hour sprint race. So much better than F1.

Touring cars are decent too, although I never seem to catch them on TV!! Can hear them in my back garden when they're at Brands though!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's about as competitive as the Scottish premier league.
    didnt Mercedes have the constructors championship wrapped up in May? LOL