Thread: J reg Nova lux.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default J reg Nova lux.

I have a blue vauxhall 1.4. About 48k on the clock. MOT until December. It was a category D write off a couple of years ago and I fixed it up and got it back on the road.
    I think now after getting the wheel bearing done that it has to be the gear box that's going. It still drives fine but just a bit loud.
    Reluctantly I want to sell it but have no idea how much I could sell it for. Any idea guys??? Many thanks in advance for your help. 👌

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forget about selling if the rest of the car is ok. You can get a second hand gearbox for £80 delivered on eBay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I was told it would cost me about £400 in total for parts and fixing it. Hence why I brought a new car. I can't run both now.
    Just wanted someone who would love and look after the little nova better then me. ��

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stick it in the forsale section, if the shell is solid I'm sure it will sell. With the gearbox issue and the fact it's a cat d I wouldn't expect to get more then 500-600 imo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When the old woman crashed into me she moved my front end out by 1 inch and a half which I obviously got fixed. So it might not be fully solid but the rest of the car is fine. Plus got some rust on the drivers side back bit.
    Thanks for the help though. Maybe I should just say to make me an offer on the sell bit?!!?

Senior User Club Member paul james's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You shouldn't have much bother selling it as it still has an mot and can be driven away. The gearbox shouldn't put off anyone interested who is experienced with a Nova, as they aren't that hard to change, and a potential buyer may want to put a bigger engine in anyway. Get some photos up, especially of the bad bits if you can - the amount of rust will dictate the value over anything else.
    Last edited by paul james; 09-10-16 at 07:57 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It all depends on the rust situation etc. Somewhere around 400-800 for a standard mk2 depending on condition I think.