Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Events 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The original post to this thread gave most the details - even if it was a link to another PNG thread on the 2016 event but to be co-operative the full replies are as follows
    1 Dates - always either the last weekend in May or the first weekend in June (2017 date not on website yet so i cannot be anymore specific)
    2 Location - Tatton Hall Cheshire (the most visited National trust property in the country I believe)
    (If you carry on past Birmingham on the M6 you will get to Cheshire - event less than 5 miles from Motorway) There is life past Birmingham.
    3 PNG Regional moderators car was in the show, but not sure that counts
    4 There is no requirement for clubs to be insured other than for the road.
    5 I was complimented last year by the organiser for the stand we had with an invite for next year. You will be glad to hear no mention was made of any connection with PNG
    6 more info on link
    http://www.cheshireautopromotions.co.uk/classic.php

I have already said too much. Nothing more will be posted.

On another matter if a national event is organised I will try to attend as I did attend the last two that were held so have always supported any events that are realistic to drive to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benn View Post
    See that really isnt helpful is it?
    Just give Stu the dates and he might be able to help or do something.

Remember you can just rock up and say "oh yeah a png club thing" Its not that simple. Some places will want to see insurance and such. And if you have someone act like a c**t (and yes its happened before) then the club can get it in the neck. Not you.

Update : Dates 3/4 June Looking like 19 novas + on stand. PM me ASAP if you want your nova on our stand

Last edited by Nova00; 05-12-16 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Update
    Nova SR 1.4

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you have that well sorted... So why risk it being less well sorted with me on board?

sadly I know there is stuff further north than brum (which is the north too), as I spend far too much time in Derby (also the north)

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Derby ain't the north

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Derby ain't the north
    Bread is called weird names, it's the north

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Breads bread round here bredrin and I'm further north than there

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 There is no requirement for clubs to be insured other than for the road.
    5 I was complimented last year by the organiser for the stand we had with an invite for next year. You will be glad to hear no mention was made of any connection with PNG
    6 more info on link
    http://www.cheshireautopromotions.co.uk/classic.php

I have already said too much. Nothing more will be posted.
    I'm just going to comment on that for the benefit of any others following that part of this thread. This is not a further dig at Nova00 and I do not expect him to reply as I believe what he has said is fair given the information he may have received, this is purely a simple example of what one person reads/is told may mean another thing when looking at the larger picture, as we sometimes have to, and look like petty idiots when we do.

The part quote above at point 4 mentions that the impression given was no need for the club to be insured. The insurance we carry is public liability insurance which we are required to carry when having club displays/exhibits at events. A prime example of why we carry this is actually written with the link of point 6 in a couple of places but for the benefit of this I have chosen a simple one.........

ENTRY CONDITIONS;
    AS THE EXHIBIT AND TRADE AREAS ARE LIMITED, ALL ENTRIES ARE AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF THE ORGANISERS.
    Note - Entry to show field is for pre-entered passholders only

ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST ENSURE THEY HAVE ADEQUATE INSURANCE COVER FOR THE ACTIVITY IN WHICH THEY ARE ENGAGING.
    Based on that get out of jail free paragraph from the organiser (one of a couple), as participants and exhibiting with a club/group stand, the adequate insurance cover would be public liability insurance.

On the plus side it does look like the event is still growing and getting stronger which is great to see .