Thread: Registering nova with a c20xe

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Registering nova with a c20xe

Is it a easy process? What have I gotta do?
    What will it mean for mot Time? Emissions Tec
    Does the tax go on the engine

Thinking it might just be the easiest hassle free way to go.

Thanks for any advise

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from what i gather.obviously need to notify dvla.im sure you may need an engineers report to say the engine is fitted properly. sorry not sure on anything else! i would check your insurance also!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Notify DVLA. Yes they may ask for an engineers report, but may not.

It means for MOT time they can run the right emissions test, rather than having to test your car against a 1.2 emissions specification.

Tax will be for a >1500cc car, so the higher bracket of the old system.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would i get a engineers report? Or is that just a mechanic saying its ok? Rather have it legit than mess around. Don't suppose anyone knows what the old tax was? Guessing around £220??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tax is about 230

Yes letter headed paper confirming engine numbers and maybe it's road worthiness

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye, £235 for 12 months tax at the moment.

There's a few ways you can get 'evidence':
    1. Engineer/mechanics report; just needs to state engine (number) is fitted to car (reg). That really will do it, but it helps for insurance purposes - as they may well ask for evidence too - if you have a word or two saying it's safe, if the brakes have been suitably upgraded, chassis strengthened etc.

2. Vehicle inspection report; as in, RAC or AA. Can be expensive and I'm sure I've heard of them refusing to pass cars with engine swaps.

3. Letter from manufacturer; this will confirm the source (and production date) of the engine you had fitted. Bit hit n miss IMO, however if you're putting a pre-92 engine into a post-92 shell this will give you the required evidence needed for the basic emissions test rather than the cat test.

Option #1 is the best choice I'd say (unless you have a K reg and desperately want to get on the non-cat emissions test, but don't have any evidence of the original car). I had a friendly MOT tester give mine a once over and noted a few words down for me. The DVLA probably won't care if it came from 'Novathere Garages Ltd' based in your back garden, but insurance might dig a little deeper than that.

It's also worth bearing in mind that DVLA only really take notice when you change tax brackets. When I fitted my 2.0, they asked for evidence; when I replaced it ~10 months later with the 3.0 they didn't ask for any evidence as it was already on the higher tax band.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost always want an engineers report now, just send one to save the hassle. A headed peice of paper with a garage name obviously and a brief description of engine numbers ideally,capacity and comfring the quality of the conversion