Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Nova rally 1400 16v

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
    That's it then....I will save the column position mod for later with the addition of epas and just look at a smaller wheel.

Can an I get your opinion on tyres? Do you do any airfield single venues Concrete/Tarmac and the odd loose bit? If so what tyres do you use? Would a typical track day tyre be ok?

We we do single venue events including airfields and race tracks, I wouldn't fit cheap track day tyres as you do more damage hitting chicanes and going off the road. I know they are expensive, but I fit hankook z209 slicks. I am sure a lot of people will disagree, but that's what I have found.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Novarally140016v View Post
    We we do single venue events including airfields and race tracks, I wouldn't fit cheap track day tyres as you do more damage hitting chicanes and going off the road. I know they are expensive, but I fit hankook z209 slicks. I am sure a lot of people will disagree, but that's what I have found.
    Thanks. What about wets? Do you cut the Hankooks or go use something else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. What about wets? Do you cut the Hankooks or go use something else?
    In the past I used Dunlop x22 and just cut them to disperse the water. But recently I have used the hankook wet, which seems to wear very well even in damp conditions.

Apparently the michelins are better in standing water, but they can't be used in damp conditions. Also the michelins are £200 each, so the hankooks are just over half price.

some advise I would run 170/56/14, it seems narrow, but it's the size the works cars used. Hankooks are £132 each incl vat.
    Last edited by Novarally140016v; 25-06-16 at 08:28 AM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Novarally140016v View Post
    In the past I used Dunlop x22 and just cut them to disperse the water. But recently I have used the hankook wet, which seems to wear very well even in damp conditions.

Apparently the michelins are better in standing water, but they can't be used in damp conditions. Also the michelins are £200 each, so the hankooks are just over half price.

some advise I would run 170/56/14, it seems narrow, but it's the size the works cars used. Hankooks are £132 each incl vat.
    First....Hankooks are beyond my budget really, I used to rely on a front runners part worns back in the day. Michelins are just a hazy dream...

second....I went with 15in rims was that the wrong decision for the chosen events?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First....Hankooks are beyond my budget really, I used to rely on a front runners part worns back in the day. Michelins are just a hazy dream...

second....I went with 15in rims was that the wrong decision for the chosen events?
    You will struggle to get many 15" part worns these days that are any good and 14s are even worse usually.

Id recommend you get a set of new tyres, use the correct compounds for the conditions and they will last a while (depending on the event).

If you want a budget option, look at some Dunlop DZ03G trackday tyres. I believe they use the same type carcass as the Dunlop CR311 moulded slick. On a smooth venue (which is the only place Ive tried them) like Blyton, I reckon theyre 1-2 seconds a mile slower than a set of moulded slicks. Theyre similar to a Yoko A048 but better.

Paul..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has been a few years since I last posted, but I thought I would give an update with pictures. Cars just come back from body shop and the rebuild begins.

The specification of the car is very similar to the old car, just with a safer multipoint roll cage with additional A pillar supports. These were added in readiness for the new 2019 rallying regulations, which the MSA have recently relaxed in the previous weeks.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Novarally140016v; 24-08-18 at 08:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some more photo
    Last edited by Novarally140016v; 24-08-18 at 08:45 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks fantastic, what engine setup will you be running?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s the same engine from previous shell 1400 16v bill falconer clubman spec, 160bhp at 7800rpm. Running on 45 Webers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been working on the car for the last few weekends, starting to look like a car again!
    Last edited by Novarally140016v; 24-08-18 at 08:44 PM.