Thread: my nova turbo project

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default my nova turbo project

Hi guys, though i would start a build thread on my project car, ive owned novas since 1998 when i passed my test and had 3 in total. the usual kids, wife, house have made it just not viable to have another but i though what the hell....there are not many left and i want one before its too late!

Ive always had white mk2s on a K plate so the obvious choice was another white mk2 in a K plate, my last nova was stolen and stripped of parts and i lost all interest in cars after that!! BASTARDS!!!

anyway!! I managed to find a decent condition mk2 for £550, it needed some work as the previous owner decided to "rat" the car which for me ruined it....luckily he did just one wing! Bought it with 8 months MOT and 51k on the clock. I decided a complete rebuild was in order so pretty much everything was to come off and start over and make it into a car which would be for me anyway sticking 2 fingers up to the assholes that stole my pride and joy!

Pics time!!

here she is after i picked her up

Started to strip her down

This gave me a better idea of the work needed, which would be a fair bit tbh, it needs new splash guards and some rot cutting out

Next it was engine out time!

This was fairly quick...2 hours and she was out and i could start the engine bay clean up!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck mate, this is where things get interesting and you'll start finding rot hiding under the underseal if it's anything like mine.

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Start of a good project. Interesting to see how you doing about it all.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce