Thread: Yamaha GP800R Waverunner, superb cond, no expense spared £2950

Senior User
    Sunny Sunderland by the sea. Well, inbetween there and Durham.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yamaha GP800R Waverunner, superb cond, no expense spared £2950

Yamaha GP800R WaveRunner

I have owned the ski for almost four years, and it is only for sale, due to losing my storage, and I do not want to keep it outside in all weathers.
    It is in superb cosmetic and mechanical condition, and has been a no expense spared machine, for both myself, and the original owner.
    Always flushed, washed and waxed, hull and water box wet vacced out, engine coated in WD40 and stored in heated, indoor storage, with battery on trickle charge and winterized, when called for.

Many people comment positively on it, and believe it to be much younger than it is, thanks to the updated, OEM style paint and graphics.

Please fully read the ad, for all information.

2001 model
    186 hours
    2 seater
    Race winning hull design
    YAS adjustable sponsons
    120 hp 800cc 2 cylinder 2 stroke 66e Power Valve engine
    Oil injection removed/converted to premix
    Recent top end engine overhaul
    Carbs and jet pump recently rebuilt
    Recent paint, graphics, gunwales and mats
    Solas Concord 12/14 impeller
    Riva Yamaha ride plate, intake grate, trim tabs
    PPK pump stuffer kit
    MLine seat cover
    Galvanised roller trailer

I have spent over £2K at Jet Shed and Jet Tec Performance etc, with receipts to prove (similar for original owner) - I have spent much more, but annoyingly don't have every receipt - and it is only ever ran on Shell V Power and Yamalube PWC oil.

In January 2013, I stripped the ski bare, trued the hull, and had it professionally resprayed in two pack Team Yamaha Purplish Blue Metallic, over gloss black and scratch resistant lacquer, at a cost of £700.
    Along with custom 'GP800R' graphics, made from correct, UV resistant 3M marine grade vinyl (imported from USA and fitted professionally).
    With new gunwales, Hydroturf mats and OEM speed sensor fitted, at the same time.
    I fully inspected and cleaned each part, prior to reassembly, replaced a few things (fuel and oil caps, drain plugs etc) and then rebuilt the ski, as instructed by the factory workshop manual.

January 2016 saw, new, standard sized Prox piston kits and all associated gaskets fitted, power valves cleaned, crank seals replaced and crank, rods, bearings, barrels etc. inspected.
    Compression test shows 125psi on each cylinder, which is as new, for the GP800R.

The ski has not been in the water and only been briefly run on the hose, since overhauling the engine.

Prior to this, I have had the carbs rebuilt, with genuine Minkuni kits in Aug 2014 and the jet pump impeller bearings renewed, prop repitched and balanced and wear ring machined, Aug 2012.
    This work was carried out by Jet Shed.

I also replaced the stator, starter motor and starter reduction gear with low hour, fresh water components. Fully inspected and cleaned everything, then reassembled the engine with new gaskets and inner exhaust hose, as instructed by the the workshop manual.

Galvanised roller trailer, whch tows great, and I always keep serviced.
    Fitted with recent correct wheels and 4 ply tyres, wheel bearings and decent jockey wheel.
    Has two winches, the secondary one faces the tow hitch and is ideal for pulling the ski up steep slipways, by anchoring it to the tow car.
    Trailer board with submersible LED tail lights, spare wheel and tyre.

10 hours prior to my acquistion, there was a lot of work carried out on the ski at Jet Shed, which consisted of:

Rebuild crank
    Respline and rebuild intermediate shaft
    Drive shaft housing full rebuild
    Reline pump housing and bearing
    Rebuild carbs
    x1 Cylinder
    x1 Piston kit
    x2 Engine mounts
    x1 Set reed petals
    Gasket seat set
    etc

This totalled £1964.20 with receipts to prove

It also comes with everything else I have, including spares. So you can hit the water straight away (it even has a full 60L tank of fuel):

Operators manual
    Maintenance and Care manual
    Service manual
    X2 PFD life jackets, one GUL branded, one Crewsaver
    Osprey XL 3mm full length wetsuit
    Osprey gloves
    Osprey boots
    Jobe floating polarized sunglasses
    Flush adaptor for hose
    Spare lanyard
    X2 Uniden submersible UHF radios
    Mooring rope
    X2 OEM sponsons
    Low hour fresh water starter motor
    Impeller removal socket
    Spare trailer rollers
    1L Yamalube PWC oil
    Oil measuring beaker
    Impellor removal sockets
    and whatever else I have

This is a ski which has had all of the expensive parts replaced or overhauled, been maintained regardless of cost, and the appearance speaks for itself, with only the odd little mark, here and there, which is to be expected.
    In the right hands, it will be a fun and reliable machine.

The one and only issue it does have, concerns the fuel sender.
    It is currently unplugged, as it is acting up and displaying empty, despite this not being the case.
    This is a common issue on GPR's, and usually just requires a simple repair to the bottom of the sender. Best done when the tank isn't full of fuel, in my opinion.

Any inspection welcome.

Please get in touch, if you have any further questions.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1520864163...84.m1555.l2649

Senior User
    Sunny Sunderland by the sea. Well, inbetween there and Durham.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sold