Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wide arch, wide track, z18xe on bodies...

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by totalnova View Post
    I've got high lift cams, vernier pulleys, I'm using gsxr throttle bodies and I've had an inlet manifold made to suit, the head is going to be ported soon and I'll be getting a John Ashley exhaust manifold. That's as far as I'm taking it....... For now
    Not too dissimilar to mine then really. What cams are you going for? Also what engine management?

Exhaust system wise id personally look for something like an x14xe or x16xe 4-2-1 system. It will help with torque (4-2-1), the lower bolt holes just need some fettling and they dont sit so low to the ground generally. Use an x16xe sump and shortened pick up pipe. The Ashley exhausts are quite generic and just 4-1 unless you get a custom one.

I will be porting my head myself, concentrating on the short side radius in the ports and the valve shrouding.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just seeing if this works, this was the car I bought that had goodies on it already. The body however was rotten as a turd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pic works, looked so tidy as well.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the new shell

dummy building of 1800 16v lump

There will be more as i go and get more pics of bits and bobs also.

The decomp plate

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow, c14se with 120bhp? Only have cam 270º and carburator?

Nice car, have a good look.

Regards.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Pic works, looked so tidy as well.
    Looks can certainly be deceiving!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CorsaTR2p View Post
    wow, c14se with 120bhp? Only have cam 270º and carburator?

Nice car, have a good look.

Regards.
    120bhp flywheel and 100bhp at wheels. Webers 40's, custom maniflow exhaust manifold, ported head, i 'think' it is just a 270 cam. Makes maximum power at just under 7000 rpm.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got the old girl loaded up last night and moved from the garden to my mates workshop and pushed in next to his Nova (which was mine, that i have given him in return for use of the workshop).

Now things can get started, slowly. My girlfriend is a paramedic (and i am massively proud of her too) so her work hours are pretty shit. It does however leave me evenings and weekends on accasion to get in the workshop.

The next stage is to get the suspension stripped out and get it up on the spit, and get stripping. I want to remove all of the underseal and check this shell is as clean as i hope. All the usual areas are mint.
    Last edited by Mxcrazy; 28-04-16 at 08:46 AM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and the door looks worse than it is because of the light and paint/primer finish on it. Its not actually too bad. Fibreglass skin on metal frame, its quite solid and shouldnt flap about in the wind.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spent a couple of evenings on my own in the workshop getting it stripped back. Pulled all the glass out, all the panels, rubbers, dash, pedal box and head lining. Started pulling the loom out too.

The spit my mate made is too tall so needs modifying a bit but nothing the welder wont sort out. Found a few bits that have been patched up but no biggies, mainly on lower front inner arches. These will be being cut and extended anyway for the wide arch kit.

I have the labourious task of scraping all the seam sealer out the inside of the car and the under seal off the bottom and the arches too. I want to basically check the whole thing for any scabs (found some minor ones, caught them early so no problems) and stitch weld the whole thing and weld in the strengthening plates.

I dont want to cut any corners, though this is just going to be a road legal track car i want the prep to be motorsport worthy.