Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Wide arch, wide track, z18xe on bodies...

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little more progress. I did the lower and upper cut on the intake valve seats, 70 degree lower and 30 degree upper. This should improve low lift flow. I have also had the porting stick out again and raised then port roofs to give a better cross sectional area and shape.

I have got to do some work in the chambers, some unshrouding work around the valves and some smoothing.

The head has been skimmed and the block decked too now.

Crank, flywheel and clutch has gone off to be balanced.

Rods turned up, they have been hand finished by me, weighed and balance checked. They are within 0.5g in all plains. I broke my scales dropping a rod on the display, so waiting on some new ones to weigh and match the pistons.

The Aux pulley from SBD is expensive so I am having a custom one made to take a trigger wheel of my choice.

I have got a round nose release bearing now too, just need to sort a slave cylinder. I will either use SBD's one or have a GM one modified.

I have decided to sack off the bolt in cage (i have 2) so i am selling both and going to go for a hockly weld in one.

I have also just taken on a unit, the car was previously in my mates workshop in a corner. Now i will have my own space and closer to home too. One of my best mates had a unit 50 yards away full of tools, ramps and welding equipment too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No real progress, but got the car in my 'space ship' unit at last. PVA'd the floor, walls and beams to keep dust down and stapled the insulation in. Not really to insulate it, but to fill some gaps in the woodwork and improve light also.

Got my custom pulley, just over half the weight of the stock one and smaller diameter, with a 36:1 trigger wheel on the back. The photo doesnt do it justice really.

Had my rods machined, got no pics but had some 'cosworth' grooves machined on the big end thrust sides to direct oil to the small end pin and underside of piston.

Thats about it at the moment, been really lax with it.

To be fair i have been messing with my 206 gti180 thats being turned in to an autocross car for some racing. Got my MSA national B license all sorted too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk