Thread: Follow up on accident claim

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Follow up on accident claim

Last year a guy drove into the back of me. This was sorted insurance wise easily as his insurance paid me a sum I agreed to in lue of car repairs, so I could repair my car as I chose.

This suited me as the figure of money was good, I repaired it myself and had no serious injuries (of course I would have rathered the car wasn't crashed in the first place).

Obviously my own insurance company and heaps of other companies hounded me for whiplash claims etc but as his insurance had paid promptly and I did not have whiplash I didn't see any point in getting nasty and don't believe in fraudulant claims etc.

However, I got yet another call today-over a year after the accident-from another company who said there is an entitlement for discomfort encountered. I explained I had a little soreness for a short while and I spoke to a doctor who said it was normal from the impact. It didn't get worse and it did go away in time.

This company said this is what this entitlement is for, not whiplash. I asked if this now means they would be going after the 3rd party, they said no, they maintain it is just an insurance company thing where money is set aside to make up for any small discomforts/inconveniences.

So, does anyone know if this is true as I am not really interested in a company going to either sue the guy or his insurance company because although he was dik and drove into my car, he admitted it and the company were good enough to pay up with little hassle.

Obviously if I am entitled to this then fine so long as it is honest and not underhand (not that I am implying that insurance/legal companies can be underhand )

Opinions/experiences please to help me make my mind up?

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at the email they sent, it looks like another sueing type of scam like the others so I am just going to ignore it, fed up of these companies hounding me for over a year now.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would ignore even if I got whiplash I'm a man and pain is normal so why do we need paid compensation

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sort of thing is why insurance is so expensive.. there is no way that an insurance company will take a hit without passing it on to the public. They tell you that the policy will be old etc.... which could well be true. So it gets added onto the general risk cost.