Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: millworm's not a project, project nova

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sooooo, I seem to recall me saying i'd never modify this car, well i lied. Sorry. Lets see then i got bored of the keep fit windows pretty quickly so that where the first ting to bite the dust, managed to find myself a gte centre console, loom and switches.

Then the hard part, finding the regs, i searched for ages to find a pair and end up finding new units at the cost of 150 each!! keep em! the luckily a pal came through with a pair out the blue! talk about luck, as far as i'm aware they only where ever fitted to luxe + 5dr mk2s even though my doors had the previsions for fitting.

then had to do some fuse box magic as mine had no take off for the loom, thanks vauxhall

After lacerating my thumb with a Stanley blade cutting door grommets down, i managed to get out in the car and it gave me the nice surprise of a auto choke hose exploding so new hoses where acquired.

Bumpers where looking a bit sorry so i have them some heat gun love.

I was sick of driving a boat about so i dropped it 40mm, now its just looks like an sr rather than a monster truck

I also wanted more gauges so this happened

The car developed an exhaust blow so logic said fit this thing, I'm impressed to be fair, it's been on every nova i've owned and the track car wont be needing it any more

Spotted these alternator tensioner bushes while mincing under the bonnet, literally every nova i've ever has had knackered ones, check your bush!
    Last edited by millworm; 19-06-16 at 11:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pvs happened and with no turbo nova the daily had to stand in for 1/4 mile duty, 18.3 wasn't terrible for a standard 13s with all my beer and kit in the boot still

I stupidly tired to outdo a merris swagvan burnout, at least I tried

then this happened, so much for sensible daily

But wait there's more! fuel economy is out the window then...

Thanks to the blokes at college for this one...

managed to get on with the cam this weekend, the 40s will have to wait for cables and rebuild yet. got another surprise form the car too, I wondered what that whining noise was...

forgot to mention i did a buy of some blue hoses for street cred

Ended up smashing the water pump to shite to get it off, was genuine gm and seeing as its a 47k car dare i say original?!?! Oh and yes that is a jack under the water pump with the weight of the car on it....
    Last edited by millworm; 19-06-16 at 11:48 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Matey that shell looks mint what's your plans for it & now mine looks sh!te

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevy.m View Post
    Matey that shell looks mint what's your plans for it & now mine looks sh!te
    Look at my track car and you'll feel better about yours . Plan is to build a standard looking 1300 screamer type thing to be fair I don't really know myself, going 20mm lower for sure when I get the new tyres on the 3 spokes tomorrow, lightened flywheel and that sort of lark engine wise nothing too involved, I've got my other nova for that