Thread: Xbox 360 or PS3???

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Xbox 360 or PS3???

Right i know nothing about gaming or gaming consoles, but as iam off work for 3 months and i am not allowed to do anything until my back is healed, i thought i would buy a cheap second hand games console to pass the time (ive read most of the build threads on here a few times now) and daytime t.v. is complete tosh

from what ive looked at on ebay it would either be a xbox 360 or a ps3 , what are the differences in them? and as the games seem cheap what would be the better ones to get?

as said i really know nothing as i am usually in the garage and dont have time to play games , so any advice would be great

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have ps3 because I hate Xbox control pads. I have had my ps3 for 3 years and just started playing it more at the start of this winter because my hours were cut at work. I have completed the 3 uncharted games, James bond bloodstone and now nearly at the end of batman asylum. Game do a deal on preowned games you buy 2 and get the 3rd free. I got all 3 uncharted for £10 bargain! If I buy a new console it will definitely be a ps4.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate xbox ps3 ftw!

Senior User Club Member paul james's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't really go wrong with either system, especially at this point as games will be cheap and plentiful for both of them now the newer systems are well established. Most games got released for both consoles, but each have their exclusives such as Halo and Forza on 360, Uncharted and Gran Turismo on PS3. Personally I prefer the 360 controller, I have always found the Playstation controller design a bit awkward to play with, so thats what made my decision years ago when buying one. Rayman Origins, Sonic Racing and The Dirt Rally games are some of my favourites.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for advice, what sort of price is the going rate for either console, ive seen a few prices for ps3 and xbox 360 from £50 all the way up too £200

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I payed £90 for my ps3 slim 160gb 3 years a go with no games and 2 months guarantee left on it. It all depends how big the hard drive is and if it has games. I would say £50 for the console max and £5 tops for each game. Some games are only £1 in game such as old fifas and tiger woods etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a Xbox man had my Xbox live for 8 years, each to there own tbh

i would go for the newer slim consoles as the early/ most of the ps3s and 360 had overheating problem so would try and spend a bit more and get a newer console to avoid them problems

forza ftw over gran turismo any day

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My other half is worried I will get addicted to call of duty like her mates fella is but I don't think I will because as soon as the doc says I'm fit I've got so much work to catch up with

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My phat ps3 died last night, if I blow cold air in it works so the chips need the paste redone. Slim is better and get gta5. I can't complain the console and game were free when my mate went ps4. The red rings put me off xbox years ago
    Last edited by brainsnova; 04-03-16 at 12:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N64 with Goldeneye