Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grown up Q... Vasectomy, whos had one?

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Grown up Q... Vasectomy, whos had one?- - Now had it done..

Okay strange place to ask but hey a Grown up Q... Vasectomy, whos had one?

Me and the mrs aswell as our house and cars etc have 2 lovely kids which we love dearly yet were grown up enough to realise after issues with both pregancies we dont want to go through it again, i have decided to get a Vasectomy, went to the docs and as is the case with modern life i have to go away and think about it for a couple of weeks and go back and convince him im sure and i need to be sure having it done at a young age, i didnt think 30 next month was young but still.

i asked a number of Q's considering most online research seems to be purely text book replies id like some honest real life ones to the Q's below and anything else relevant

Just how painfull is it? hes said its a simple minor procedure yet im a little unsure someone snipping/tisting whatever near my bollox is going to be anything other than horrendous to be quite frank?

How mobile can you be? the doc has told me it would be no lifting or excercise for 2-3 weeks atleast and no sex for a month, this sounds a little unrealistic to me as my dayjob being looking after the kids including school runs for one its unavoidable, i also walk 7-8 miles a day 5 days a week, i can jump i the car to avoid this but is jumpoing in and out car going to be bad?

Is it "all the same" afterwards? this sounds a daft Q but noone seems to talk about this part at all, all seeming taboo which is odd when its an adult thing to do

Any replies appreciated

Wayne
    Last edited by Subtle modder; 20-02-16 at 05:12 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had it done.

Obviously they don't knock you out when they do it. They do ask you to shave or at least trim yourself back on the sides of your sack.

it wasn't anywhere near as painful as I thought. More a uncomfortable felling. As you'd expect having another man pull at your plums.
    The bit that bothers me was, I wasn't quite sure how he doing till he said 'that's one side done' then from then on I could kinda picture and imagine what he was doing on next side.

I drove myself home after. Walked carefully. More out of fear of it possibly hurting.
    Area felt swollen and tender. Recommend snug fitting underwear for a few days to stop yourself swinging about.

Did go some funny shades of purple. But didn't stop me getting on with life.
    youll naturally be careful in what you do.

You wont feel like sex for quite a while.

As for now. 3-4 yr on. There are no marks. Absolutely NO change in performance or 'out come'
    quantity, appearance, can't comment on taste! are all the same.

Even I sometimes I forget I'm a jaffer

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers Martin, aswell as making me LOL at the end youve quite reasured me there

Whether though lack of experience or legal technicalities the doc would comment on most the personal Q's i asked just telling me to ask friends (pointless as most are unconnected 'im young single and free' type) or google

Relieved to hear its all same after, i had visions (nightmares) that id go through it and its be crap after and have been partly pointless

Mind me asking how old you were?

Wayne

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would of been 31-32 with 3 kids. Oldest is now 16.

Yes I started young.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You see i see that as a normal age to get it done, as you say you already have 3, I have a going on 5 year old little boy and a almost 2 year old little girl so we have one of each and are quite content

Im 30 next month, mrs 5 years younger so although were able to have more, nearly loosing her after one pregancy i value her over any more kids by a country mile, i was quite miffed when he sent me away to think as i dont want to change my mind / wimp out hence being mature and taking the time to go and ask for it.

Thanks for replies :D

Wayne

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only other thing I could say that has been a issue is.
    At the time. I'd been with my partner for yrs and had no plans to leave.
    But things change. And I'm now with a new woman. She has two children and her second was a difficult birth. She was told. It wouldn't be recommended she have another.
    I don't want any more kids. I've got my 3 lovely girls.
    But it has caused a bit of tension/upset because the possibility isn't there. Even though we both don't/shouldn't/can't have any more. I think she feels the option was never there for her.
    But you can never tell what's going to happen I the future.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is one thing the doc did say about, terming it as "you may not want kids in this realtionship but might in the next" and indeed the mrs has also said it as a considertation in the fact she knows ive always wanted kids an "doesnt want me to do it for her" etc etc but i see little choices to be quite honest

The woman version (hysterectomy?) we have already discussed with the doctor about a year back and was told she'd need to go for atleast 3-4 sessions of counciling to be assessed as of sound mind to go ahead at such a young age (23 at time) yet when i found it to be another full on surgery so to speak i stopped her having it done, shes had 4 in last 3 years due to issues and i wasnt putting her through another, due to medical issues shes not allowed any contraceptions

The doctor has suggested just using condoms (neither like) or the most insulting and immature of all "just dont have sex for the time being" which i see as both naive and stupid in a relationship which enjoys it

Wayne

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

worth a note though that the snip can massively increase the severity of prostate cancer... That wont stop me getting it done though
    The mrs wants another child, I dont, I'm obviously an asshole for that but hey.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know in the 30 minutes we were in there he never mentioned that nor have i seen it whilst googling, just shows its worth asking a Q like this to an actual audience, as you say though in the whole scheme of things its a small consideration

A friend went through your argument to the point she actually split up with him, quite odd i thought to go from wanting to make a life long commitment with him (how i see kids) to not wanting to be with him at all within 3 months but hey

Wayne

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well we nearly split up over me not being sure if I wanted one... we had one, shes ace. Had I known the "deal" would be for 2 then I'd have walked before the first.
    From what I can gather, most women are never happy with "their lot" and if a friend has the audacity to get pregnant then they must too