Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Sport Project 1990 to 2016 (hopefully)

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, not much to report this week other than wheels and magazines! I was toying with wheel options (for when I want to "rest" my original 5x13s) and managed to get a set of 4 GM steels in 6x15 and ET49. Took these to get shot blasted and powder coated in silver and should collect tomorrow. HOWEVER. A few days later I managed to get a set of 5 spoke alloys in 5.5x15 and ET45 which with 175/55/15 tyres on are a really good option fit wise. So, I will be taking these to get done when I collect my steels and the 6x15 steels will probably go up for sale. Will post them and even though they will stand me about £160, will be open to sensible offers.

Managed to get a few magazines to go with the build folder:

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back on the subject of wheels, I am getting some custom centre logos made up for my alloys and this is the design:

I will wait and see what the final product looks like once on the refurbished wheels before I pass judgement but I will post pictures up here. I am sure they will be a bit Marmite but I am hoping the wheel design, colour and centres will work ok.

I also realise my post a few days ago sounded like I had been defeated by my August deadline. I haven't been completely defeated just yet and if the shell can be ready for paint by May, a huge effort may just see it done in time. After all, its just a case of bolting a few bits on a shell isn't it?

Anyway, I am going to bring my other toy out of storage next week so I at least have something interesting to drive during the nicer months:

Last edited by slimtater; 23-03-16 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Pure indulgence of adding a TVR picture!

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One other thing I must add after chatting to someone else who is restoring a Sport is do not under-estimate the cost of doing this. I am doing this as a keeper, not to sell and make money as I know that won't realistically happen. I know that about 50% of the finished car will be new and genuine and about 45% will be original refurbished. In today's climate and the often inflated Nova/Sport/its brown market, that isn't cheap to do. I am happy for people to message me if they want an idea of costs for certain bits but to do the shell (soda-blasting/epoxy primer, all the welding and fabrication followed by a full paint job) you need to budget around £4k. Great if you can do all this yourself but slightly less painful if you have some mates who can as well!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah this rebuilding old cars is not cheap, love the TVR by the way

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nova and TVR, you've got my dream garage!

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of deliveries today - one being my Raptor paint for the underside, already tinted in 452 Polar White. Not really much to show in a picture so instead I will show you one of my other delivery today:

Senior User Club Member paul james's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, did you buy 4 cams?

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul james View Post
    Wait, did you buy 4 cams?
    I bought a few more than 4

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I have got my wheel centre logos back on on the centre caps:

I am sure they remain a bit of a personal choice but would like to see them on my alloys before I decide. Unfortunately the wheel place was closed when I went today so seeing the centres on my wheel choice will have to wait. A neat little touch I think but time will tell!

Still no more progress on the shell itself and only bought a few bits this week including a perfect brown coin tray/radio blank. So after all that hunting I now have two and both are perfect - one will be sold though.

I have buyers lined up for all my Enem cams now and just waiting for them to get in the hands of their new owners and some cash coming my way - it was a big big outlay but fortunately for something that is quite sought after.

Had a few more bits arrive from Germany so now have a full compliment of coolant hoses. I also manged to get two new pairs of front spoiler trims (in the correct grey) and some other bits - what I didn't need has been sold on. Whenever I order stuff that I need, I always try and add in a few little bits that others may need as it means that the overseas postage costs get shared around a little and I feel I am helping others with their projects. Just ordered a few more little bits so look out for my posts on PNG on Facebook!

North Events Co-ordinator Moderator boffer8's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why the hell do you bugger around with novas when you have a TVR?!
    If Carlsberg did Motor clubs, then IDMC would probably be the best motor club in the world.