Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Sport Project 1990 to 2016 (hopefully)

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fronts done and in...

Sent from my SGP611 using Tapatalk

Club Member Club Member Jonesfach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The colours looking stunning in these pics. Beautiful!

Club Member Club Member CorsaBBoomer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love it!
    Opel Corsa 1.6 Michalak 1986 : http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthr...ect&highlight= Yes, it's a convertible with a hard-top!

Opel Corsa 1.0 1983 "Josefien": http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthr...ien&highlight= Miss I-Went-International

Opel Corsa B 1.5TD 2000 "Bertha"
    Citroen AC4 1929 "Clarice"

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found a summary I wrote of the restoration work and updated it a bit. Will save anyone reading the whole thread!

Shell/body:
    Stripped, soda blasted and epoxy primer before a 9 month restoration which included inner and outer rear quarters, floor, front and rear chassis leg repairs including replacement rear spring mount, sill repairs (keeping the good and original metal / seams where possible), battery tray replaced and full roof panel repair. Fitted with new and genuine front wings, both doors, front panel, bonnet and tailgate and also a new pattern fuel filler neck (powder coated black). Underside painted with epoxy mastic then Upol Raptor in Polar White. Full inside and outside respray with wax sprayed in to all cavities and inside doors, quarters, tailgate and bonnet frame. The work on the shell alone cost around £7k using a friend who was a welder/fabricator and another friend who was a car painter - Retropower quoted me around £13k for the same work. Brand new and correct / genuine front and rear bumpers. New genuine lights front and rear, including indicators and number plate, plus a full set of new Hella front headlights and indicators. Very good gutter trims and new correct door mirrors. Brand new genuine and correct Nova and 1.3 badges and
    a good used Vauxhall badge fitted to the rear. I also have a full new seat of genuine rear badges. New genuine headlight protectors. New genuine and correct early mudflaps with rears fitted with the correct bracket to position.

Engine:
    Rebuilt by Mansfield Engine Centre including 0.5 oversize pistons and the correct (optional) Irmscher cam. Fitted with refurbished original Sport Weber carbs and many new genuine ancillaries including clutch, starter, alternator, dizzy, coil and obvious things like filters and ignition leads. Correct Irmscher inlet manifold and airbox. New exhaust manifold, system and correct Ashley back box. New Valeo radiator. Running a Filter King regulator, braided fuel hoses with no return pipe. New engine mounts fitted to powder coated brackets. The engine was statically set up by Alan from carbcare when he put the rebuilt carbs on and then rolling road setup by Peter Burgess. Made a strong 97bhp!

Transmission:
    Brand new F10 5-speed box (W4.29 so great for acceleration), rebuilt driveshafts and front knuckles - with new genuine wheel bearings front and rear. I also have a new Quaife ATB diff to go on at some point.

Brakes:
    Front: New calipers, vented discs, pads, braided hoses and kunifer lines.
    Rear: Powder coated drums with new shoes, cylinders, braided hoses and kunifer lines.
    New master cylinder, reservoir and reservoir seals (ultra rare) fitted to fully refurbished servo.

Suspension/steering:
    Most things (including the beam) have been shot blasted and powder coated in gloss black. Has larger GTE front ARB and tie rods, new Bilstein B14 coilover kit and Powerflex bushes throughout. Corsa B ePAS rack refurbished and used as a quick rack (no power steering).

Interior:
    Fully retrimmed seats in the CCS reproduction chequered and genuine new brown fabric - possibly the only car to have had a recent retrim using the correct brown. Plus I have the original Daytona interior which is in good condition considering it is nearly 32 years old. Interior is fitted with the best used bits I could find including carpet and dashboard. Excellent front/rear seatbelts, headlining and sunvisors.
    Correct rubber floor mats. Good correct early parcel shelf with working lift cords and minimal fade.

Other:
    Original etched glass fitted with the exception of the front screen which is new with a new seal. Proper 5x13 steel wheels plus brand new freshly painted wheel trims (5 wheels and 5 trims). Fitted with new Firestone tyres in correct 175/70x13 size.
    Full decal kit fitted by DMB - including sill trims and headlight surrounds with a spare bonnet and boot decal. Also had correct number plates, dealer sticker and tax disc holder made up by DMB.
    New GM battery. New washer bottle and pumps and I even found a new horn! Loads of new GM coolant hoses. Excellent wiring loom with no scotchlocks anywhere - has a rev limited fitted which is correctly spliced in to the loom! All electrical items function correctly.
    Lots of nuts, bolts and fittings have been plated in either gold or black.
    Matching lock set with two keys and new door handles and lock surrounds (correct black).
    Blasted and powder coated genuine GM fuel tank with new genuine sender and S hose, connected to new tank to engine fuel pipe.
    Now fitted with 4 6x15 ET49 Compomotive TH3s - fresh refurb in anthracite with Toyo tyres in 195/45/15 so no need for arch mods

Leftovers!!:
    New non GM battery.
    Consumables such as GM plugs, oil filters and oil.
    Brand new correct Sport spec cam from ENEM in Sweden.
    Some trim bits including 2 door cards with pockets and 2 door cards without pockets
    Later type brown parcel shelf (rubber mounts rather than cord/elastic).
    Last edited by slimtater; 05-07-18 at 09:11 PM.

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It never stops being a project! Done a couple of jobs through autumn - new discs (Tarox) and pads Mintex M1144 as well as finally getting an Irmscher cam cover:

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And just one of my favourite pictures of 2018 - its done over 1000 miles now so is getting used!

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually this one isn't bad either - just after it was cleaned and ceramic coated:

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks lovely so clean. I really like the wheels and the interior looks great.
    Nick

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah lovely work of art this

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)