Thread: Gym talk

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bazzap8389 View Post
    Good going Benn! I've not worked my legs for almost 2 months. Got a knee injury that won't allow me to lift at all can't even run on a treadmill at the moment. Managed 52.5kg x8 barbell curl this morning though. Other lifts aren't progressing much at the moment mostly due to laziness.
    Could you cycle? set the seat high enough to take almost all the load off yer knees (pedal at the bottom, heel on it, slight bend in the knee, perfect height)

Been using riding as my "leg day" since doing an actual leg workout would knobble my legs so much that riding was hard. So weights for back/chest/shoulders and ignorng arms for now.
    Last night I managed to get 2nd on a strava segment locally. Was 6th for a while but noted the start and pushed hard till the end :D well chufed about that, like Ben its bragging rights :D

Good work on the 150KG press though!!!! that seems mental weight

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, I've been mental and entered a 3hr Xc MTB race in January .... That'll hopefully only be cold, but odds on itll be muddy and wet. I could prevent wet weather by spending £100 on some waterproof cycling shorts though, but I'd sooner spend that on other toys

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good going Benn! I've not worked my legs for almost 2 months. Got a knee injury that won't allow me to lift at all can't even run on a treadmill at the moment. Managed 52.5kg x8 barbell curl this morning though. Other lifts aren't progressing much at the moment mostly due to laziness.
    Thank you, I've been building weight up then dropping it off, as my knees have been hurting alot. Found getting back to taking cod liver oil tablets everyday have really been helping with it tho. So gonna try and keep taking them.

I'd like to get my barbell curls up that heavy. I max out at 41kg ish. But my arms/elbow still off.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Could you cycle? set the seat high enough to take almost all the load off yer knees (pedal at the bottom, heel on it, slight bend in the knee, perfect height)

Been using riding as my "leg day" since doing an actual leg workout would knobble my legs so much that riding was hard. So weights for back/chest/shoulders and ignorng arms for now.
    Last night I managed to get 2nd on a strava segment locally. Was 6th for a while but noted the start and pushed hard till the end :D well chufed about that, like Ben its bragging rights :D

Good work on the 150KG press though!!!! that seems mental weight
    Love a good ride. my cardio is riding. Do 30mins on a up and down incline program. Like i'm riding up and down hills. 30mins normally gets me 10miles ish.
    Good man at cracking thru the rides. I find it makes my nuts go numb. Odd feeling.

I was very happy with the weight. Hence the bragging..
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if your nuts are going numb, then the saddle isnt right.
    Roll your hips back so your sitbones are perched on the back of the saddle. This will take the pressure off the nerve that runs under the pelvis to the genitals.
    If they still go numb, then consider a pair of properly padded shorts, OR if you can alter the angle of the saddle try down or up at the nose. Some of the adjustments seem counter intuitive but you dont want long term nerve damage on the nads.

30mins for 10 miles, thats damn good going roadie speeds there. I'm slower due to MTB knobbly tyres

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seat only goes up and down. As it's a fixed machine bike.
    Always get it, very odd feeling. I do try and move about to help but doesn't really help. Dont really wanted more layers/padding under my normal stuff if i can help it.

And is it? I thought it was a bit slow for a machine. Maybe not. Get my legs warm and some sweat going. only cardio i can do with out getting to bored.

Going tonight.
    Far from suicidal

Club Member Club Member bazzap8389's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye I can cycle no problem at all, I could maybe start lifting again on it too don't want to jump back in too quickly though I'll give it another week. Good chest workout this morning though 38kg incline db press x 8 I got up to. I do 5 sets for everything first one light then 4 heavy ones.

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye I can cycle no problem at all, I could maybe start lifting again on it too don't want to jump back in too quickly though I'll give it another week. Good chest workout this morning though 38kg incline db press x 8 I got up to. I do 5 sets for everything first one light then 4 heavy ones.
    I did chest this morning, 10Kg.... I'll get me coat

Club Member Club Member bazzap8389's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I did chest this morning, 10Kg.... I'll get me coat
    Everyone starts somewhere bud I started out using 10s as well. I'm still playing catch up to my strength 2 years ago which is depressing.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Been back to strongman training after a 4 week hiatus, today was deadlifts and prowlers. Now at the local gym I've tried for 160kg deadlift and failed at Spartan I did 160kg for reps this made me happy.... The prowler didn't, was only 40kg on it (so about 70kg in total, over astroturf) this thing is fucking awful but it works!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are prowlers?
    Far from suicidal