Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Gym talk

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are, erm, helpful supplements to take to help burn lard a shade quicker.... Or are they a massive lie/con and it is all hard graft (not afraid of that now, but every little helps )

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A decent diet will help you Stuart, you'll get bored of going to Holland and Barrett I'm sure.

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm bored of realising I usually consume 4x the calories I should per day

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As said diet will be the main help and reducing carbs whilst keeping protein at the tight ratio lb/kg body weight. Supplements may help more towards a placebo affect but if taking them to your research on what they do/when to take them/what to cycle with in terms of other supps.

As a loose guide thermapure is nicely regarded. I'm sure we can help with nailing diet or cutting it to say 2500-2750 body weight depending.

Dan loving the look of the old school bare plate loaded gym. How are you finding being back into the training?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stuart, green tea is also very good if it is prepared right and also has the added bonus of the usual antioxidant properties. A lot of these diet pills and weight loss fads are basically green tea with some nonsense addons to make them sound posh. personally I make a flask up in the morning and leave the tea bags in all day. (trust me its THE nicest way to drink it and have some decent smooth flavour to boot). Any training or weight objectives is 80% diet, its just a shame only 10% of people get that.

With regards being back in training, after such a long time away from it its pretty much straight back into it which seems abit freaky. My conditioning must still be in check as like before, regardless of training regime or effort, I still get no doms afterwards. Weight wise I am still capable of about 90% of my previous max weights and training weights which again is odd but at least it means 3-4 weeks in I should be back to where I was. Only downside is obviously my general fitness, still better than expected against non smokers but I can personally feel the difference, which will take some time to get back under control. I put my equality of fitness down to having the power to make up for any deficit.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As said, these 'fat busting tablets' are a con avoid things like juice plus, herbalife, bootea and anything that claims it'll help you lose weight fast, the ONLY effective way to lose weight is to REDUCE CALORIES use my fitness pal (download from app store) set it up (be honest with it) on the first couple of days eat normally but track everything to see what you average over a few days, then reduce the calorie intake, the nutritionist I use has told me to reduce mine by 200 as I'm holding at 100kg so I'm going from 2600 to 2400.

Also, try eating more fruit veg and fresh meats, go to a butchers and ask if they do meat packs (I get one nearly every week for between £20-29 as it changes each week) if you eat a lot of food bought from the shops even if its a 'healthy' chicken salad it'll have unnecessary added sh!t like preservs, salt, sugar and sauces etc which all mean more calories, I cook my weeks worth of meat on a sunday in preparation for the week ahead and cook any veg on the morning I need it.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to take grenades.As close to phet as you can legally get when you take two at once
    also done ephedrines aswell but nowt works as good as a proper diet.
    40 pcent protein 40carb 20 fat is perfect for muscle maintenance and bonning fat.Drink watter only and it will fall off

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by james101090 View Post
    As a loose guide thermapure is nicely regarded.
    Thermopure
    Thermopure rating: 2/10
    £13.99 for 90 capsules (one to two months' supply), from myprotein
    MAIN INGREDIENTS: Green tea extract, caffeine, raspberry ketones, cayenne and chromium.
    CLAIMS: 'When combined with an effective diet and exercise routine, Thermopure's ingredients have been proven to help burn and mobilise fat stores in the body.'
    WHAT IT'S LIKE: Sweetsmelling, powder-filled capsules
    VERDICT: The raspberry ketones and cayenne have a purported thermogenic effect, meaning it stimulates the body's burning of fat. But there's no evidence this will help with weight loss. A waste of money.
    RATING: 2/10 MANUFACTURER SAYS: There is significant anecdotal evidence from many professional athletes and customers that makes Thermopure one of our best sellers.

The bit I've highlighted 'Claims' when combined with an effective diet and exercise routine. That's all you really need, you don't need these pills, you don't even need to exercise to lose fat (it does help somewhat though) don't fall for these scams, the only supplements I bother with are protein and creatine but they are just supplements, not meal replacements as a desk jockey at work tried to tell me protein is

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can use shakes as meal replacements.You can buy meal replqcement type by usn.Contains what i said 40 40 20

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but protein shakes are not meals, the only reason to take protein is if you have a high protein intake cant hit the target by food intake alone hence the term supplement, meal replacement shakes are another thing never tried them again I would rather just eat food.