Thread: Gym talk

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gym talk

There seems to be enough of us on here to warrent this I feel, see how well it goes though.

Not long back from the gym, made some personal bests 5RM today 115kg squat (could have hit 120kg but my coach moved me on) and 90kg bench, I want the bench at 100kg before I can brag though had single arm dumb bell rows which aren't owt flash 27.5kg today bit on the light side, finisher was a killer though, 100kg sled pulls, backwards legs were on FIRE!

What programs are others following?

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just walked up 12 flights of stairs. maybe tomorrow ill walk back down instead of using the lift.

Club Member Club Member bazzap8389's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some good lifts there mate

im not following anything at the moment, not got enough spare time so just getting there when I can. Managed a quick workout last night though. Done some back and bis 120kg dead lifts 3x8 and 70kg bent over rows that was the highlights even then not worth speaking about. My lifts were higher when I was 8kg lighter...fml
    Last edited by bazzap8389; 19-12-15 at 04:36 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ive been fitting a bathroom and the toilet weighs 35kg with the cistern that's been my workout as it's not been straight forward to connect the waste so it's been in and out many times. Last week i done a dead lift 1x transit dual mass flywheel lying on my back lifting up to the engine and it's not a light part
    Last edited by brainsnova; 19-12-15 at 04:49 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by therealnovaboy View Post
    I just walked up 12 flights of stairs. maybe tomorrow ill walk back down instead of using the lift.
    Do it, after a while you'll feel the benefit then start doing it randomly just for the hell of it, then start running up and down them to build some quads, preferably naked so everyone can see your awesome glutee and quads!

Quote Originally Posted by bazzap8389 View Post
    Some good lifts there mate

im not following anything at the moment, not got enough spare time so just getting there when I can. Managed a quick workout last night though. Done some back and bis 120kg dead lifts 3x8 and 70kg bent over rows that was the highlights even then not worth speaking about. My lifts were higher when I was 8kg lighter...fml
    Cheers mate, they will get better and soon! Decent deadlift and bent over row there! What do you weigh in at? I'm currently around 103-105kg, like food and beer too much

Quote Originally Posted by brainsnova View Post
    Ive been fitting a bathroom and the toilet weighs 35kg with the cistern that's been my workout as it's not been straight forward to connect the waste so it's been in and out many times. Last week i done a dead lift 1x transit dual mass flywheel lying on my back lifting up to the engine and it's not a light part
    You'll sleep well tonight! What does the DMF weigh? Never handled one although i imagine my dual mass penis probably weighs similar!

Club Member Club Member bazzap8389's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye, especially if you have a trainer he'll push you and you'll gain quicker. Currently at 88kg at 17 % fat. I want to get back to 14 % or below. Not the time of year to have ambitions like that though

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha yeah you could just take it easy but hey f*ck it its christmas (not that many people are religious these days) I need to drop some belly fat and a chin, got a great 6 pack but never seen it lmao

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today i lifted my pint pulled my plonker and squatted for a shit.pretty sure all at the same time at one point so yeah a personal best

Senior User Club Member paul james's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a gym member, can't afford a monthly gym membership. Not sure I'd want to go to a gym often even if I could afford it, as when I have been to gyms it didn't seem that friendly with everyone listening to ipods. I workout Rocky IV style according to one of mates, I do quite a bit of running, even in rain or snow. I managed to get down to a 5 minute mile earlier this year, but have slowed down a bit since my running parter passed away, my much missed border collie. I have dumbells and a bench to use, I do have to be careful as I have loose joints from long ligaments, so can easily injur myself if I aim too heavy. I do curl 22kilo dumbells and bench about 80kilos, nothing impressive but I've always been skinny, then skinny with a belly before I took up exercising, so for me its good. I don't have any specific goals other than just trying to stay in decent shape, so I don't say I'm 'training'
    Last edited by paul james; 19-12-15 at 08:55 PM.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I stand and observe the Gym. Lots of man touching going on, people who take far to much care in their appearance for a male dominated line of work.
    Then lots of mutual backslapping and high-fiving over a big juice bottles full of pancake mix.

After that, i was spent.