Thread: Tools thread

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tools thread

All talk about tools. Question about tools? Ask it here. Need an opinion on brand/material/etc. Anything tools, goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I use snap on mainly at work as he's the only bloke who can be Asked to come in but most of the newer stuff is shit and made of cheese tbh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best tool I've ever bought is a proper jack makes every job so much easier then the rubbish 10 quid jobbies
    ^^^ did you just read that? what a idiot ^^^

PROJECT 2 FAST 2 FAT clicky

''lifes what happens, while your busy making plans''

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by turbojolt View Post
    The best tool I've ever bought is a proper jack makes every job so much easier then the rubbish 10 quid jobbies
    Jack as in floor jack? Because I'm looking at buying one of those. The one I have in my Nova is one I nicked off an E30. The bloody thing costs a 1/6th of the car ffs.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by conza123 View Post
    Well I use snap on mainly at work as he's the only bloke who can be Asked to come in but most of the newer stuff is shit and made of cheese tbh
    I've heard they're the best. I went tool shopping yesterday and bought me some Truper tools. First tool set, so not looking to spend the US's gold reserves on tools for the time being. Just got myself a 9/16 ratchet and socket set, with both metric and imperial sockets, a screw driver with all the bits you could ever need, and a set of spanners for the time being, as well as a set of Allen keys. Next up is a set of ratcheting spanners, and some impact sockets, as well as those spanners mostly used for brake jobs, forgot what they're called.

Also Mastercraft/MAC tools aren't half bad, so I've heard.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use Halfords Professional stuff, good quality and not too dear. More than good enough for the home mechanic...breaker bars, ratchet and sockets, ratchet spanners etc

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mk1nova_rich View Post
    I use Halfords Professional stuff, good quality and not too dear. More than good enough for the home mechanic...breaker bars, ratchet and sockets, ratchet spanners etc
    I'll be honest, I don't know what brand of tools we get a lot of over here. Mostly PowerFix (from Lidl) is what people get. They're not too bad, actually. I'll look into the Halfords stuff though

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are peoples opinions on the big halfords socket set as i've heard a few people say they are really good, but i'm not sure if it's worth it as i wont be using it day in day out. wondering wether i'd be better off with a smaller cheaper set

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ellis_12345 View Post
    what are peoples opinions on the big halfords socket set as i've heard a few people say they are really good, but i'm not sure if it's worth it as i wont be using it day in day out. wondering wether i'd be better off with a smaller cheaper set
    I've got the 300 piece big one mate!! Can't fault it really, broke one torx bit trying to do head bolts but they replace anything that breaks aslong as you take the receipt into store.

Built 2 engines and use it for everything on the car with no probs. Good buy, I managed to get it for half price somehow, some deal or something.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm a tool... that is all.