Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Daily

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Daily

Seeing as i spend just as much time playing with this as I do with my nova I guess it's only right it gets it's own project thread. So on Christmas day last year i crashed my nova in a mad rush to pick up my nan in the morning, The original plan was to fix it back up and get it back on the road but after digging deeper and taking some measurement I decided it was too far gone especially as I wanted to plonk an xe in it the torque would have done horrible things to it. Fast forward a month of getting the train to work (I wouldn't wish rush hour London trains to anyone, Especially covered in grease and oil on the way home) My mate calls me and tells me he heard about my car and he has one I may be interested in as I like my 'old shit'. I went over and saw the sierra for the first time, I was amazed at how clean it was, I didn't hesitate and £350 later it was mine. She was a 1.6 pinto 80 something thousand miles, one family from new, a genuine survivor car. Only a small dent on the wing witch was the only thing on it!

After bombing about in it for a while i decided it was way to standard for my liking so first thing was the ride height I worked a bit of magic and installed a set of mk1 focus coilovers to the front and chopped the rears down a bit and fitted renault master rear shocks. I also had a set of cosworth 4 pot callipers modified to fit my standard hubs.

Then i picked up a set of rs2000 wheels for a bargain and painted them grey but I soon got bored of them

Just before I changed the wheels again I was approached in traffic by some bloke who asked if I wanted a cossie interior, so obviously I said yes! I also took the opportunity to install Central locking and electric windows, what a ball ache give me nova electrics any day!

I binned off my standard spoiler for a more sporty cosworth one

It was around this time the stem seals went on the 1.6 so naturally I tore the engine out rather than fix it and put a 2.0 in
    I have pics of the swap somewhere but oh well this is the new engine.

And a new set of wheels to celebrate my extra 20 hp Also fitted a cossie front bumper at some point i forget

These wheels still didn't do it for me so i bit the bullet and bought some proper ones

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A few pics of me at pod i ran an 18.1 nova was better when it wasn't even running right!

I was happy for a while I changed a few bits i fitted cosworth rubbing strips as the pov spec ones are massive, i'd liked to have deleted them but they leave holes
    Old ones and some rather snazzy sandles

new skinny ones

After a while i decided that the car just wasn't quick enough any more. not to mention the mpg is shite so I made an executive decision for engine swap number 2, this one was a lot more involved as I'm going from carb to injection so lots of wiring and swapping tanks pumps ect. also the standard ford looms are really hard to splice compared to xe/let looms!

The Donor not bad for £100 still had tax and test!

This is where we are now, in the process of wiring/plumbing in the zetec wish me luck as there is very little support for this swap into sierras

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carb the Zetec maybe? Set of webers on there will do the trick.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mxcrazy View Post
    Carb the Zetec maybe? Set of webers on there will do the trick.
    The injection has to stay, need the economy

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good stuff! Sierras are a bit of a bargain hehe you just can't compare the fuel economy to the nova, my capri does about 36mpg the nova nearly 50! with performance to match , I would be tempted to service the twin choke weber from the pinto and fit it to the zetec, manifolds are available http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/z/3QQAAOxyF0pTjYxs/$_35.JPG
    but I guess injection might have the edge on economy, have fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be lucky to see 25 from the sierra, the plan is to turbo it when the nova is up and running

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sierra is badass, nice daily.

Senior User
    Sunny Sunderland by the sea. Well, inbetween there and Durham.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loving the direction of your Saph, mate.
    Shame a mk1 Mondeo estate had to die, though! #bumpergaffertapejokez

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers guys, it's getting more time than the nova at the moment once the conversion Is finished by the end of the week hopfully I'll be full steam ahead on my let rebuild.

Here's a little of what I did today, no off the shelf hoses for these as no one puts zetec in sierras really haha

And just a pic of how it sits, wiring is almost done. Need to get the fans and wire them in and fit fuel pump,tank and we're nearly there!

Senior User
    Somewhere in Kent Drives: 1984' 1.3 Nova Saloon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bloody hell mate, so much for a sensible daily! I've had thoughts about the cali but i just want something reliable, hence leaving the 8v in