Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Never ending Nova project

Senior User Club Member paul james's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been meaning to remove the rest of the stereo wiring for ages, so decided to get on with it. I didn't really fancy taking the whole dash out, so just took all the various bits out to get access instead.

The car has previously had door speakers and speakers in the parcel shelf, as such the stereo wiring was a bit of a mess. So I didn't feel bad about getting rid of it all.

I hadn't realized the original dash speakers were still in the car, they weigh 296g each, a decent saving again. I also ripped out the remaining bits of sound proofing, its surprisingly heavy stuff.

So this little pile removed another 2.08 kg from the car, happy with that for an hour or so work and no cost.

I think I may have reached the limits of weight reduction though, for now at least, as I rather like having whats left of the interior. I have no idea how much weight has been taken out in total, as I didn't keep note of it to begin with when I removed things like the rear wiper.

Senior User Club Member paul james's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interior back together pic, about as minimalist as its likely to get

And definitely getting down to diminishing returns removing things, out goes the under bonnet light (which didn't work anyway)

I did a bit of adding up, and I've taken 62kilos out of the car that I can accurately account for. That's not including things like the engine bay/firewall insulation stuff, the carpet underlay and a few other bits I never weighed. I assume that still leaves the car above 700kg