Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your working hours???

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a director of my own company and everything we do is on a price, so the quicker we finish the quicker we can get to the next job, we try and book as many jobs as possible hoping to get finished on the first one to allow us to make the start date at the next. Gets a bit hairy when we have delays as the building isn't ready.

Many a time we've done 16 hour days, but I try to keep it to 50-60 a week at the minute, I find it gets a bit counter productive if you get over 12 hours a day. Plus I end up with loads of paperwork to do in the office once I'm home so I'm up against it there!! Will be easier when we finally adopt and the good lady is at home and can get the paperwork sorted!!!

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wwmnw View Post
    Also, my 'overtime' is paid at my standard rate of £7.20 per hour.
    I'd never do overtime on standard rate. Been mention of bringing it in at our place...I'll be doing my 39 hours and not a minute more, regardless of how busy we are

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3.30pm-2am mon-thur 40hrs

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work in engineering and long hours are pretty much the norm .I work nights now , start at 5:30 pm and can finish at 2am but can work till 6 am . So we do as it's easy money and we get paid very well for it. My previous job I was a team leader of a bunch of mongtards and was regularly doing 60-70 hours a week . Now I work nights I see more of my wife and kids then I ever have done and don't need to do as much overtime as I used to . Once my GSI is done I'll cut back on the overtime hours and take it easy for a bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another director here. Get paid by the hour, although when i was in germany it was paid by the minute!

Peak build season throughout the winter ill do around 14 hours a day 5 days a week. Out of build season 8 ~ 10 hrs a day, depends if i can be bothered or if im out karting on the evenings.

Dont think ive done more then an 80hr week this year.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work 8-4 mon-fri although usually finished and gone around 3pm (still get 40hr pay) 1 week of 5 I do 24hr call out as the money is really good and nights and weekends I do private jobs.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Another director here. Get paid by the hour, although when i was in germany it was paid by the minute!

Peak build season throughout the winter ill do around 14 hours a day 5 days a week. Out of build season 8 ~ 10 hrs a day, depends if i can be bothered or if im out karting on the evenings.

Dont think ive done more then an 80hr week this year.
    I worked in Germany for nearly 3 years!! In Sinsheim, close to Manheim. Love working with the Germans, I'm now an agent for them in the UK off the back of our efforts out there. We were doing 80 plus hours a week in the factory, loads of fun!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House1983 View Post
    I worked in Germany for nearly 3 years!! In Sinsheim, close to Manheim. Love working with the Germans, I'm now an agent for them in the UK off the back of our efforts out there. We were doing 80 plus hours a week in the factory, loads of fun!!
    I was just outside of Stuttgart, town called Mürr. Had a great time, repairing smashed DTM cars & building Porsche 919's i was working 7 days weeks out there on an unlimited hours contract. Then moved to Linz in Austria, lovely place!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work 45 hours week and get paid from the second I leave, but I also do side work so can do up to 60 odd hours.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mk1nova_rich View Post
    I'd never do overtime on standard rate. Been mention of bringing it in at our place...I'll be doing my 39 hours and not a minute more, regardless of how busy we are
    Yeah its not a great incentive when the sales team are on commission and I don't know what the brewery lads are on but the head brewer and assistant brewer are salaried as is the sales manager and sales assistant, I think I've had enough of working for small companies.

I don't choose to do overtime, I don't have a choice, when the brewery is based just outside of Durham and I'm delivering in Leeds/York/Manchester/Sheffield/Edinburgh, I get back when I get back, has been 7am to 23:45 a couple of times!