Thread: Tank capacity

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnAzzopardi View Post
    I was thinking NGK's. Are they a specific code or are they all the same?

Also, how much are they around in price please?

'cause in cold weather, I gotta turn the key three times and use the heaters three times before it starts well, and it still shudders a bit.
    Your local motor factors will be able to supply you with the correct NGK ones mate, I think mine were about £11 or £12 each iirc.

Ye same mate, 3 times! I had some shitty Beru's in mine and it took 3 glows in cold weather now with the NGK's I dont even have to wait for the glow light to go out.

These engines are notorious for misfiring when started cold till you tickle the throttle a wee bit ;P

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOZNOVA81 View Post
    Your local motor factors will be able to supply you with the correct NGK ones mate, I think mine were about £11 or £12 each iirc.

Ye same mate, 3 times! I had some shitty Beru's in mine and it took 3 glows in cold weather now with the NGK's I dont even have to wait for the glow light to go out.

These engines are notorious for misfiring when started cold till you tickle the throttle a wee bit ;P
    Still rattles for me. I'll just get new glow plugs. Don't have a part number by any chance, do you? Tried looking on the NGK website, but the only options for the Isuzu Gemini are all petrol engines, no 1.7TD

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you tested the ones you already have to see if they are working?... its an easy test... take the metal strip off them and with the ign off, simply do a multimeter resistance check between the top of the plug and the head. Any that show a reading are fine, any that show massive restance are dead. One dead glow plug will give the symptoms you have.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
    Have you tested the ones you already have to see if they are working?... its an easy test... take the metal strip off them and with the ign off, simply do a multimeter resistance check between the top of the plug and the head. Any that show a reading are fine, any that show massive restance are dead. One dead glow plug will give the symptoms you have.
    It struggles to start on a blistering hot day, let alone on a cold one. I'll just switch them out. Doubt they've ever been changed, judging by the amount of crud all over them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are trying to get intake air red hot... the temperature on a hot day won't make any odds.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowgli View Post
    You are trying to get intake air red hot... the temperature on a hot day won't make any odds.
    Like, it'll still shudder when I start it, until the engine settles. But I did a multimeter test, one of them is completely bust. Nothing read.

I'll buy all 4 new ones, pointless to replace one at a time.

Anyone have a part number?