Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What's your next vaux to own?

chippy shoulder Admin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vauxhall have, and always will be the 'Sanyo' of the automotive world everyone else has moved on with tech/quality etc but they haven't.
    the only edge they are bringing now its the onstar system which has been in the USA for atleast 5 years, if not longer...

Also, nothing wrong with fiat bits, I'm amazed how cheap ours has been to run, some tyres, brake pads and suspension top mounts. Happy days, dirt cheap to do.

id like a corsa b with a 1.6 16v engine to fiddle with.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had a GTC SRi 165 for 7 months now, not missed a beat in the 13,500 miles I have covered. Getting over 650 miles a tank (mainly motorway) stereo sounds very good, road noise is not too bad now that I swapped the 19s to 18s but stereo compensates. Good options in the sri spec also. I picked it due to much better price on lease compared to similar cars but am very happy with it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steve1434 View Post
    I've had a GTC SRi 165 for 7 months now, not missed a beat in the 13,500 miles I have covered. Getting over 650 miles a tank (mainly motorway) stereo sounds very good, road noise is not too bad now that I swapped the 19s to 18s but stereo compensates. Good options in the sri spec also. I picked it due to much better price on lease compared to similar cars but am very happy with it
    I drove a brand new, 300 mile on clock, Astra SRi from Prodrive in Milton Keynes down to Mclaren in Woking.... it was horrendously slow & used three qaurter tank of fuel.

For just chucking around an not giving zero funks, Corsa 1.6 16v would be loads of fun! OnStar is awesome , if its in a car thatll pull enough G from a standing start, itll call emergency services thinking youve been in a crash
    Last edited by Mike; 27-10-15 at 10:54 PM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike, was it the 2.0 diesel turbo? Mine seems plenty fast enough and quicker than my old a3 2.0tdi...

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But Again, with OnStar, Vauxhall are only playing catch up with BMW who have had a similar system for around 5 years in the UK already.
    NovalutionGSi - Donkey Kong In a Go-Kart

Club Member Club Member Royston's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to have migrated to Saab's......................
    Regards

Royston

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have had many Novas over the years and have competed in one for the last 12 years. I last ran a Nova as a road car in 1997 and since then both me and my wife have changed our cars several times and I can say that when looking for a new car, Vauxhall have never even been considered, I don't have an explanation for this other than there was nothing in the range that looked interesting enough to try. My wife is currently looking to change and again Vauxhall has been ruled out at an early stage, although we did get a brochure this time.

When asked why I rally a Nova (and not a Corsa) I joking say Vauxhall haven't made a good car since 1992, but as i've only ever drives pre 1992 I couldn't possibly know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steve1434 View Post
    Mike, was it the 2.0 diesel turbo? Mine seems plenty fast enough and quicker than my old a3 2.0tdi...
    Was a Prodrive pool car, God knows what it was had 5 doors an was a boring drive I remember that much.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine will prob be a Astra vxr to upgrade from my gsi at the minute not for another while tho. And for the family car changing from a vectra cdti to a 530d. Have had vectras for the last 7 years and can't fault them. Nova is sitting waiting for some TLC but won't be changing that . It's my first car and still have it 15 years later

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old skool Vauxhall engines are reliable but body's and chassis rust. New Vauxhall engines have problems but bodys/chassis are not too bad. I think I will stick with my golf I have now had for 7.5 years with just needing brakes an tyres! German ftw and will buy another vw if not it will be a merc. A high or low budget u can still go German reliability.