Thread: Angry!!!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Angry!!!!

I dropped my mk1 astra off at a local body shop Monday to have her rear passenger arch sorted as it had split and gone rotten. Unfortunatly ive no pic of the arch before the work. As far as I was aware the damage was to the outer arch so I gave them an outer arch repair panel.
    3 days I was told the work would take, its took 5, but no worries. They called me at mid day to say she would be ready at 3. So 3 oclock came and there I was looking at the pretty new paint and thinking how well she looked. I paid the chap the £250 that was agreed, forgetting to get a bloody receipt.

Getting home I decided I would feel the inner arch to see how good it was. What I found has made me feel extremely angry and as though the bodyshop thought I was some sort of mug.

They even covered it all in grease on the onside in what I believe to be a vein effort to cover it up.

To say im mad is an understatement. Id even looked at review sites and they seemed great. Even doing a fantastic job on my dadz zafira bumper when someone drove into him.

Apologies for the crap pics. I had my phone on face shot and due to the light it wouldnt really focus.

They closed 10 mins after I left and dont reopen till Monday now.
    Last edited by bighed; 19-09-15 at 10:38 AM.

Senior User Club Member paul james's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sucks
    I've been messed about by garages, even supposedly really good ones to the point where I will attempt to do everything myself now. I might not be able to do everything perfectly, but at least I know how its been done and I haven't paid my hard earned money to someone to do a bodge job.

Club Member Club Member Jonesfach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's the inner arch?

Did they replace the outer arch ?

ie make it look good without doing a proper job or couldn't be bothered telling you it needed an inner arch.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They replaced the outer arch and yes it is the inner arch. And no, they didnt tell me what it was like. I woild of got them to cut it out and replace it.

Now I cant even get someone to do that as they have done the outer arch.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bighed View Post
    They replaced the outer arch and yes it is the inner arch. And no, they didnt tell me what it was like. I woild of got them to cut it out and replace it.

Now I cant even get someone to do that as they have done the outer arch.

You of thought they would mention the inner arch was shagged. They stood to make more cash out of it! Can't stand fucking cowboys! Stuff like this is the reason I don't let anyone but myself or close friends touch my cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be hard pushed to repair it properly without ruining the arch lip paint, I'd take it back and tell them they're morons and to fix it.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats my plan

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bloody idiots, when I bought my Nova one of the rear arches had just been repaired, didn't bother doing the inner arch though so out came the angle grinder and removed the repair panel that had just been fitted.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is my problem. I dont mind paying for the inner arch but I wont be paying for the damage caused sorting it out

Go low or Go home. Moderator Benn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you asked for the outer to be done. Did you say fix the inner if it needed it? Or just you say just do the outer?
    As alot of people will just say do that one bit. Then moan if more work is needed/done.

I agree a call to say "your inners knackered come see it and say what you want doing" would have been the best plan tho.
    All I wanted was a Pepsi, just one Pepsi
    Far from suicidal
    Still I get them tendencies
    Bringing back them memories
    That I really miss when I reminisce