Thread: C16xe tensioner problems.. Advice needed please :).

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default C16xe tensioner problems.. Advice needed please :).

Hey everyone.. Just recently done head gasket ( top end rebuild ) and only just bought my new cambelt kit, but.. As I've went to fit it all and do up the tensioner the bolt just seems to keep going loose rather than tight, I had a look in the hole and seems the threads are knackered should I try putting a tap through it to try get the threads back or do you think it's totally knackered? If so, how easy is it to change oil pump? As that's going to be needed! Seems to look fairly easy but never actually changed one myself so any help / advice would be great . (Or any other things I can try before going ahead with new oil pump).

Thanks.
    Craig.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try a tap. I'd imagine that if the bolt isn't going tight then there won't be enough thread for a tap. If that's the case you can try fitting a helicoil.

If you throw the tensioner away you can make an idler with a bigger hole in the middle and tap the oil pump the next size up. You then tension the belt on the water pump. I'm sure sbd do a kit. It won't be cheep but probably cheeper than a oil pump.