Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova build, track/rally car inspired.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Little test fit of my carbon dash..... i was dying to see it in.

That then led my on a complete tangent...

Was scared i was going to wreck it but the hole saw went through quite nicely. Also had to cut holes for roll cage clearance.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my hands on a spit the other day so the underside repairs and painting can be done while on my feet instead of my back, happy days.

This then led to finding more rust, couple of spots on the sill and in the rear arch where the inner arch, chassis leg and floor sheet all meet.

Finally got the last arch sheeted in too, then out with the wire wheel.

Going to do the complete underside like this, then paint (once i figure out what paint).

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also collected my engine from Bill Falconer the other day. He was very happy with the outcome, am delighted. 195bhp and 140 odd ft-lb torque.

I Just wish the shell was ready, am dying to hear it singing!!

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What lump is it mate?

Car is looking good, love seeing a nova on a spit

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its a c16xe out of a corsa gsi but has been built by Bill Falconer, running on twin 45's and omex management.

cheers for the comment bud.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good power from a 1.6, I'm currently building a x18xe1 engine on throttle bodies so safe to say I'm a small block man.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice one pal.

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Guys, sorry for the lack of updates but as a lot of you will know life can get in the way of these builds. I got on the property ladder in November with my first house, i thought spending money on cars was easy - ha, houses are another level the cash just flies out of your pocket.

Anyway not a lot of pictures of late, have mainly just been wiring wheeling the underside and cutting out and repairing any rust i find. Along side this, has been a running project of sorting out the gear change equipment. Started with internal shift rod binned that for a modified vectra cable shift which then lead to vectra cable turret but custom cables and brackets which was going to be the final solution however..........

I Found this

I am led to Believe Bill sold very few and has now moved on to old motorbikes etc so when this came up i had to have it. So to the 4th and defo final gear change set up.

This is the hole required for the shift rod. You can see the previous bulk head holes/mods for the other previous selector options. Also cut out my round bar legs for the vectra selector and mounted the sequential selector straight to the floor with welded captive nuts on the underside.

This then led to trial fitting of gearbox, turret and sequential mechanism. Set up was a walk in the park tbh (no pics). So cleaned up the inside of bulk and fitted the rubber boot and plate.

Tidied up the bulk head on the engine bay side by sheeting the gaps.

Then bolt on the various parts onto the box and bolt up the rose jointed shift rod. Hey presto we are sequential!!

I have a wee video but no idea how to post it. I am now BUZZING to get this on the road so mega push on now to get her done.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the box standard internally ?

Junior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The box will have a quaife SCCR gear set and ATB diff but is still essentially an H pattern sycro mesh box.