Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firing on 3 help!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought it 2 weeks ago and drove it back from Sheffield brilliant. As it's on carbs and had no rev counter I'm worried I reved it too hard, cuz I gave it the beans in 2nd shifted to 3rd and then it spluttered, I thought a lead had just come lose. changed all leads plugs and dizzy now, Still same. Not sure what fuel pump on it but it's got some sort of fuel regulator under the bonnet set to number 3 as when I bought it. There's also a fuel pressure gauge in the car which usually sits just under 6 not sure what it's measured in.
    passed compression test and got spark on all 4. There's a motorsport garage said will have a look at carbs n ignition timing as I explained to then the right cone on each Carb are sucked much more the the 2 left carbs and when I put my hand there earlier I got neat fuel out the carb on my hand.
    I've had redtops before but totally new to carbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Webers are easy to work on, your float chambers might be sticking from crud that has been sucked in or it could be overfuelling.

Take the filters off and leave the fuel pump running and see if the carbs are leaking from the bottom, that could mean its either over fuelling or stuck floats. Wet filters you said seem to confirm that.
    First easy option is to look at the fuel regulator, is it a shiny chrome one like an oven knob ? You could turn this down to 0 and see what its like - i have one on mine set to zero and its pumping out at 2.5 - they are very inaccurate. So could be overfuelling that way.

Otherwise take the tops off the webers and blow some air through the float chamber to try to clear any crud, must be a youtube video on that.

2 to 1 on that its fuel problem and not spark.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yh does look like an oven knob haha I will turn it down and try on 0 see what happens. When you say remove filter is this the fuel fitter and of so not sure where that is on here.
    Smells like neat fuel from engine and exhaust so Prob is fuel related and poorly set carbs just adding to it. I'll post some pics 2moz while I'm having a look