User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Short Stroke 1300 vs Long Stroke 1400

Riiiiight,

For my rally car build now I'm debating between building a short stroke 1300 (effectively a bored 12ST with longer rods) or a std stroke 1400. Will the improved rod/stroke ratio of the short stroke motor be enough to compensate for being 100cc down on the 1400?

Whichever I choose will be running an Enem cam in a full race c14se head and knocking on 12:1 compression.

Also, I'm not sure if I want to go carbs or mappable injection on a std inlet, any insight appreciated.

Thanks

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can use also 12ST block with 1.6 crank and z14xep oversize pistons with long rods, what also fits in the 1400 class. Than you have much lighter and better pistons, it will be torque from the long stroke, but you can also rev it.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

id go for the 73.4 long stroke personally. the extra 10mm-ish of crank throw pulls with more oohmpf

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peredur View Post
    Riiiiight,

For my rally car build now I'm debating between building a short stroke 1300 (effectively a bored 12ST with longer rods) or a std stroke 1400. Will the improved rod/stroke ratio of the short stroke motor be enough to compensate for being 100cc down on the 1400?

Whichever I choose will be running an Enem cam in a full race c14se head and knocking on 12:1 compression.

Also, I'm not sure if I want to go carbs or mappable injection on a std inlet, any insight appreciated.

Thanks
    Looks like we are going down similar paths, my preference would be 1300 bored to 1398 or 1413 (+.50) depending on your class restrictions.

If your going 12;1 you really need throttle body mappable ignition to manage fuel flow more precisely and avoid issues, such as bent rods etc from overfuelling. You will also need solid lifters.

What rods and pistons are you thinking of ? Forged or cast ?

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So,

I've managed to concoct a variation of the short stroke 1300 that ends up as 1383cc so that's a likely candidate at the moment.