Thread: Vauxhall servicing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Vauxhall servicing

In short do Vauxhall still service the Nova? Has anyone had theirs in for a service at a dealership recently and are there any issues to be aware of (delays in acquiring parts etc)?

I want to put my 1987 SR into a dealership soon for a pre MOT check and a full service including timing belt and water pump. And yes I know it's more expensive but the car has a substantial VX history (last serviced by them in 2003, SORN 2005 and recomissioned last year) and I want to build on this.

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Vauxhall garage I work for still gets the older cars in we have a mk2 nova a mk2 Astra and a few cavaliers as long as it's booked in and you ask for genuine parts I can see a problem

Senior User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They'll never turn away a job, but the quality will be no better than you doing it on your drive and they'll charge you a chunk for the fact they'll have to spunk around trying to find the parts...
    unless tour car has a full genuine service history I really wouldn't bother.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed.

apart from fitting a genuine gm oil filter, they'll buy non genuine everything else & ask for a fortune.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get Vauxhall 10w40 semi and oil filters for actual pennies (Tenner for oil, 2 quid odd for filters). Would be interesting to see how much they'd charge for the service.

Senior User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After having to repair a Nova for an actual Vauxhall dealer mechanic (I am not a professional mechanic) I wouldn't use them. Oh and about 10 years ago they tried to scam me by telling me my 1984 1.0 Nova had an ecu so they could get a diagnostic for £250....yeah.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are scammers out there for sure but I think a lot of it comes down to using a garage / dealer you can trust and who you have experience in dealing with. I'm pretty fortunate on both counts as I've been sending newer cars there for a number of years now.

Haven't got round to booking yet but when I do and the service is done I'll report back on the cost.