Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mk1 Black Saloon

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So plan for tomorrow is early start welding up the front panel, make removable slam panel (still not 100% sure on how to bracket this to keep its strength so will have a little look how it's been done before to get ideas), rad back on, lights back in, anti roll bar is currently getting a bit of paint to match the rear which Im still waiting for the end bushes from autovaux so that can be fitted tomorrow and then have a look what can be done for the bumper bar to sort that out then try and make it look half decent for billing on Sunday
    Last edited by ABoresta; 13-07-15 at 10:02 AM.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Little update I will get more pics later when the rain finally stops but a pic of my car at billing just for now as I was pleased just to get it there. Didn't look the best but mechanically all fine

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another little update I haven't got pics of some of the things I have done but thought I would add a couple, so tonight my end bushes came for the secondary rear anti roll bar so I got onto fitting it quite pleased with how it looks and feels just need to test drive the car and see what difference it makes now, you can just about see my braided brake lines aswell but I will get better pictures of them

Then I got onto fitting the battery master cut off now I have got the proper fia one after a chat on here, so i decided to make a plate to match he gauge plate I made to hold the battery switch and will hold the fire extinguisher pull cord when I get round to buying it but this is how it looks at the moment

and then onto fitting the pull cord I put the fire extinguisher sticker on ready to check for placement. And of course my png sticker in the window too.

Last edited by ABoresta; 20-07-15 at 02:05 PM.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Went to Trax yesterday for a track slot, as the nova has never been out, got a few things to work on:
    Brakes
    Tyres
    Better suspension
    And confidence in the car to be honest just need to push it a bit harder

I did have a problem my alternator belt flipped inside out and shredded a bit which snagged the crankshaft sensor and fuel pump wire so on the cool down lap my car cut out, but a couple hours chilling in the sun with the trax girls having a chat to some nice people i got it going again ready for the drive home. And heres a few pics:

In assembly waiting to go out

Coming into brooklands under safety car (not the best quality havent sorted the rest yet)

And finally on the way home

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back from Cornwall for the week and thought I better try and get the nova done to get an not to get it back on the road asap. So here's a little update.

new tyres arrived while I was away got t1-r's for road use and the odd track session if I get round to it this year. Then next year may think about a set of semi slicks and keep the t1-r's just for the road? Has anyone used them before its my first time with toyo so not sure what to expect...
    Oh and though Id throw in a pic of my old tyres after silverstone because I thought it looked cool.

the first on my list to address for the not was the wheel bearing which was a lot easier than I expected to be honest, little during picture and after fitting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I run tr1s on my sierra on the fronts and they keep the grip in in the dry bur in the wet they're shocking

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by millworm View Post
    I run tr1s on my sierra on the fronts and they keep the grip in in the dry bur in the wet they're shocking
    Oh really? Hm may have to think of something for the wet weather then.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't updated this for a while so just a quick post and I will get some more pics and updates very soon now work has started again.

Harry Hockley sent out my strengthening kit got the 14 plate kit and top mount plates so now to get the engine out and time to do some welding

got lots due in the post soon and lots of work to do

Club Member Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent work mate!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of interest how much does the plating kit weigh?