Thread: Mk1 Black Saloon

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by House1983 View Post
    All part of the fun mate!! Had to do the same to mine as it was rubbing the alternator, went to cut it out only to find that whoever had done the mod (previous owner) had simply cut a slice in the chassis leg with a grinder and hammered it in then seam sealed over it!! Nice!!!
    No way?! That's mad how people can think that's a good enough and acceptable way of doing it :S

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRoadGhost View Post
    Go hydraulic clutch!
    I have been thinking of what to do since my clutch cable snapped, im always nervous when in traffic . is there any guides or anything?

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ordered a custom SR style boot vinyl for the saloon, as it was annoying me the badges had lost their chrome and cost a fortune for new ones so tried to think of something a bit different...
    Im really happy with it what do you all think?

I got hold of a a Corsa C SRi rear beam with the brakes for a veryyyyyy good price online, stripped the brakes off and weighed in the beam

Took the nova ream beam off stripped it down, cleaned it and painted it up ready for the disc conversion and fitting the secondary RARB using the how to guide on here for the parts list

Last little update, I got my V6 brakes on the front before replacing all the brake lines for braided and bleeding it all up. They really do stop well and just about fit under cesaros. (they had been in the garage for a while and got a bit of surface rust in this pic but that soon went)

You can see how close the calliper gets to the rim and also see the stud conversion aswell.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not the best picture but you can see my internal braided fuel lines and brake lines with brake bias valve.

I have a corsa internal shifter i will be changing over soon because i wanted the cut outs and got a few ideas after reading Iains project build with the selector turret so those mods will be done to hopefully help my horrible gear changes between 2nd and 3rd.

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Made up some door cards last night, nothing fancy, just wanted something simple and clean looking, just have to do the same for the rear when i get my new doors sprayed up and fitted. Probably without the grab handle but i havent decided if im going to fit the window winder and handle to open the door...

My ECU was just cable tied back to the roll cage so i made a simple bracket just to bolt it up and out of the way, again nothing fancy but it does the job. I really dont like the fuse box in the original place as you can just about see it doesnt fit properly due to the roll cage so that will be relocated to probably the glove box.

Im really not happy with how messy my engine bay is currently, so that is the next task on my list, smaller washer bottle relocated to the scuttle panel, a new header tank as the cav one doesnt really fit well at all and looks rubbish i think and then a lot of re-wiring and loom tape haha. Battery re-location is nearly ready just waiting for my FIA master cut off as i ordered the wrong one then that will be finished and updated

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right so I had a bit of an accident last night, my brakes locked up in the wet and there was no way out of it but it ended in tears for me! Right before vboa aswell!
    Bent chassis leg, front panel all crushed, passenger wing all damaged, sr bumper cracked and bumper reinforcement all bent.

any help with parts and advice would be very much appreciated as Im meant to be going silverstone soon as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By looks of the pics u may of only squashed the end of the chassis leg, do u have any pics from above

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't mate I will get some though to be honest the rest looks straight just the front, how did you say to pull it out? My mate said tie something to it and tie it to the tree at the end of the drive and put it in reverse

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aww man, such luck. The car looked awesome pre-accident. Hope you get it sorted for billing. Im breaking a mk2 5 door loon if you need any silly bits?

User Club Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yeah I could do with the side repeaters, the hole unit with the bulb holder and wires etc as the clips broke and they won't stay in the wing. And if your willing to split the bumper from the reinforcement bar? She will be back soon at the moment it's not looking like in time for billing though