Thread: Really annoyed about my speedo.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Really annoyed about my speedo.

So, 2 weeks ago my speedo died. I bought a new cable hoping that would fix it, maybe the old one snapped, but that's not the problem. The speedo gear in the transmission is what poofed. Are those the same across all Nova's, or do I need to get one for my transmission?

http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/..._90375764.html is this what I'm looking for?
    Last edited by ShawnAzzopardi; 20-06-15 at 09:57 AM.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not 100% sure if their all the same but i had the same problem years ago (when you could still get scrappy parts) I fitted 3 and they just kept stripping. Turned out I had no oil in the gearbox. Might be something you might want to check on bud to save it happening again.

User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    Not 100% sure if their all the same but i had the same problem years ago (when you could still get scrappy parts) I fitted 3 and they just kept stripping. Turned out I had no oil in the gearbox. Might be something you might want to check on bud to save it happening again.
    I'll look into it, but I'm sure I have oil. If anything, I'll change the oil, but I'd still need the speedo driven gear. Thanks for the info though mate. What weight and how much oil would I need?
    Last edited by ShawnAzzopardi; 20-06-15 at 10:25 AM.